One good outcome from the crummy weekend

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I commented in my other post that there were new people in both our camping group and the mounted shooting practice and how embarrassed I was by difficult child's behavior.
Well....I have been working my horse with one of the shooters, Linda (not a newbie, but not someone I have spent a lot of time with before) as much as I can. Last night, we worked at the arena and she brought a friend, Patty, to ride, also. After about an hour and a half, Patty and I figured out how we knew each other - she was engaged to the fire chief when I was married to my ex, who was on the volunteer fire department. So she knows difficult child's bio dad.
Later, we stopped for snack on the way out and Linda started asking about difficult child's issues. Truely interested. Patty, having met his bio dad, piped in a lot of info that backed me up, even tho she doesn't know my ex well, she's seen enough.
Linda was VERY positive. She said she'd help with difficult child at practices and shoots and try to help talk to the others about him. She also would like to bring his horse to practice and shoots and get him involved, as well.
It was just a really nice outcome from the weekend's fiasco, and one a good reminder for me that sometimes something good comes out of difficult child's public displays (not often, but sometimes!)

trinityroyal

Nice.

Sometimes it's good to have a reminder that there are understanding people out there. Glad you had such a positive result!

Trinity

witzend

Very cool! It's nice to know that even the most humiliating experiences sometimes have a silver lining. It makes the chance you took on going camping that weekend well worth it!