One of his teachers is going to an aspie conference

TerryJ2

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this!!

There is a particular teacher who has kept an eye on difficult child and picked him out as being a trouble-maker, and not behaving appropriately at all after school. There is a diff between his in-class behavior and his after-school behavior. I have been called into her office twice lately.

She, the homeroom teacher, and the principal were the people I met with-last wk when I gave them the results of difficult child's testing and told them flat-out that he was aspie. She's always been very intense and um, how do I say, not the friendliest person. But when I gave her the paperwork, her face lit up and she devoured ea and every page. :D

The principal pulled out a piece of mail that highlighted a dr who is traveling around, giving talks on Asperger's for educators. One of the sites was local and I considered going, except that I was worried that much of the terminology would be educator-speak. :sick:

I saw this particular teacher in the hallway the other day. She was smiling and she waved me down. "I'm going to the local Asperger's conference!
I'll let you know if I find out anything that I can pass along!"

Wow.

Night and Day.

She is definitely an intense, book person, not the touchy-feely type. Doesn't waste time talking about the weather. And now she's on a mission.
I am one lucky person.
Woo hoo!!!!
:jumphappy:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is awesome!
That is like K's Teacher. Her having a son in High School who has Low Functioning Autism, fully gets it and can handle anything at this point!
Good for her for going to this Conference!