One Of Those Days?

B

Bunny

Every other day difficult child has early morning orchestra at school, so I drive him in early. When he was getting out of the car I said to him, "Have a good day. I love you. Remember that you have your appointment with [therapist] tonight."

His response? "Well, I don't want to go to [therapist] tonight!! Why do you have to ruin everything?" as he slammed the car door and stormed away.

God, I hate these mornings.

Pam

Andy

Maybe he was still "sleeping" and as such rejecting any plans for the day. When you get up early sometimes everything on the schedule at the the end of the day seems too much. Hopefully he will feel better about it once he gets on with the day.

It is hard to start the day with an unhappy kid. It usually puts me in a bad mood and upset as I think about how my kids are doing all day after something like that just to find that they had shaken it off and had a great day! Why didn't they call and tell me they were happy again so I didn't have to worry about it all day?

Sorry... Unfortunately there are lots of mornings like the one you just had around here too. They really rot... Hope your difficult child is in a better mood this afternoon! SFR

H

HaoZi

I have way too many of those mornings. At this point I can just text her school councilor while I'm watching kiddo go into the building and let her know kiddo might be a bit testy.

crazymama30

One thing I have done that is if difficult child is having a bad day, I will not mention anything to him about appts and even try to keep talking to him at a minium. When my difficult child is having a bad day, he gets triggered by the smallest things.