One of those nights

Wiped Out

Staff member
It was a really long but fun day on our field trip. Drove difficult child home after school-about 1/2 hour. He had a 5:40 psychiatrist appointment back on the other side of town but I didn't want to stay with him on that side of town for so long. We drove back to the appointment-40 minutes due to traffic. Then drove home in about 30 minutes.

I had an easy healthy fish dinner planned. Fixed it, put it in the oven, 10 minutes later the time rings. I pulled it out of the oven and the pan shattered in my hands (had pot holders, of course), cut my finger and dinner all over the floor:( By this time it's almost 7:45ish). (I have had that pan since I was a kid-it was the one my mom always used for lasagna and then she gave it to me so I could use it for that which I did)

Ended up with McDonalds-not too healthy. Forgot difficult child's fries (he was real nice about it-NOT and had to go back to get them.

So glad the night is almost over! difficult child is sleeping!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh yeah,
husband can't stop laughing about it and cleaned it up. He's still laughing-we all were because it was either laugh or cry!

crazymama30

My favorite part about those nights? Is when difficult child is in bed and asleep, easy child is in her room and I am listening to music on my headphones.

Those days are no fun. I am sorry your pan broke.

Hope tommorrow is better. It is Friday, that could be good or bad depending. No work, but more time with difficult child. Half a dozen of one and six of another.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hope your finger's not too badly cut! Ouch!

Crazymama... got some bad news for you... tomorrow's THURSDAY! :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shhhhh, don't pop crazymama's bubble. Maybe she needs to think it's friday to survive until it really is friday. lol

Hmm I sort of feel like that too this week. I am soooo ready for my 5 day weekend to start.

Sharon, sorry about the pan. I think the neighbors would've heard me if it had been me. I don't tend to take stuff like that well especially after a very longish day.

It may not be friday coming up.........but it will be Memorial Day weekend, so you get an extra day off school. :D

((hugs))

Wiped Out

Staff member
CM-I wish it had been Friday today:)

Gvcmom-The finger is fine-a bit sore but fine.

Lisa-You are so right about that extra day off!

Beth-Today was better-at least the barbecued chicken tostadas turned out well and nothing broke!

M

ML

I'm so sorry. I had a rotten day yesterday. Luckily nothing physical but I could do nothing right which put in motion the cycle of self doubt and negative thinking and I'm just glad we're in a new day (not counting the fact that I've been up since the middle of the night). :) ML

Just resolve to eat healthy today. An occastion Mickey D's won't do us in.