One out of 5 ain't bad...

svengandhi

My daughter just got a job! She graduated in May from a 5 year education program with certificates in Birth through 2nd grade and K through 6 and a masters in Sped. She got a job in the NYC system as a resource room teacher in a K-8 school. She is over the moon. We are looking for an apartment for her in Manhattan because living at home would be too long a commute. She will have health insurance, dental insurance, pension, retirement and will be making a really nice amount of money for a kid with no student loans.

She is a wonderful person and I really think the children she'll be working with will benefit greatly from her.

Now if I could only get the boys moving on in life..

LittleDudesMom

Congratulations!! What an exciting time for your daughter -- have fun looking for an apartment, just don't expect to find one where you can spread out your arms!

Sharon

svengandhi

Sharon =

When I got my first job, I lived in a railroad flat in Manhattan. The bathroom was so small that I could probably not fit into it if I went into that apartment today. The bathtub doubled as the kitchen sink. I am looking forward to looking for an apartment with her. H is having a hard time dealing with her not living at home but... She's hoping one of her friends will be able to room wit her.

Estherfromjerusalem

Congratulations! That is very exciting, when one of the children attains some sort of independence and security. What a wonderful opportunity for her!

Love, Esther

pasajes4

I remember my first teaching position and moving into my first apartment. It was so exciting. I was all grown and my own person. I stood at the top of the stairs saying, "Free at last. Free at last".

Congratulations to your daughter.