One week countdown :)

JKF

Next Friday we are packing up the car and heading to Myrtle Beach, SC for 10 days. I literally can't wait! I'm practically crawling out of my skin at this point bc I NEED to get away from here for a while. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with husband and younger son. difficult child can't go bc he's not allowed to leave the state due to probation. I didn't tell him we were all going bc he'd have a total meltdown. He thinks I'm going away for work. Amazingly I don't even feel bad. Is that horrible??? He got in trouble and he can't leave the state but why should the rest of us have to suffer because of that? Not happening! I do have some day trips planned this summer here in NJ that he can go on with us if he's behaving so at least he'll get to have some fun too. But as for this vacation it's just the 3 of us.

Anyway, have any of you visited Myrtle Beach before? Any "must do" or "must see" tips?

busywend

Have a great time and don't feel bad at all!! Consequences stink for many reasons and he will learn that lesson on Friday!