One year later - things going well

Hello friends,

I've been away from the board for quite a while, lurking from time to time. Thought I'd post a little update. difficult child shows every sign of maturing into ex-difficult child. She has been living at home with her mom and I for a little over a year. She graduated from a co-occurring (Axis II / substance abuse) treatment program to a sober house, however, she was very uncomfortable with the religious aspect of the house, which stressed ecstatic type experiences. So we let her move back home, with some trepidation. She has done very well. Recently she got a job waiting tables for the lunch crowd 5 days a week. She turns over a part of her tips every day to go to rent and auto insurance, and has been saving too, which seems like little short of a miracle! She is building a relationship with easy child 1 (that is, her daughter) and taking on some parenting responsibilities. She is really quite a help to wife with easy child 1.

I finally got a job after spending almost a year out of work. It is a contract out of town, so I have to commute home when I can, which recently has been pretty often.

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!

trinityroyal

HWGA, welcome back. It's good to hear from you, and such a positive update too. Saying a prayer that ex-difficult child continues to mature and take positive steps in her life.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ship Ahoy Barnacle Bob! GREAT TO SEE YOU!!!!! Even better to hear the great, fantastic news!!!!! You can add my prayers to the list of those already going up for continued success with your PCDD and her easy child. From the sounds of it wife is okay as well. That's wonderful! You got a job and I lost mine. Odd how the scale works isn't it.

Best of luck to you and yours -
Star
ps. Thank you for the Mother's Day Wish. If I don't see you around - You have a Fantasic Fathers Day. You Deserve it.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I LOVE seeing good Updates! Just recently popped back in myself, and a few other 'oldies' too have resurfaced recently. Glad to be back, and great to see you and your happy news. Yay Us!

Peace