Online shopping ettiquette vs bargain hunting question

TerryJ2

Wednesday, I ordered a coat from Chadwicks.com. I used a code from my paper copy catalog and got $15 off. But then they tacked on an $18.99 shipping fee. Today, the website has 24% off and $4.99 shipping. I rec'd an email telling me that the item has just shipped. What should I do?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Terry--

You could try calling the customer service dept and see if they will credit you the difference...

but I suspect that you may be out of luck.

Doesn't hurt to try....

DammitJanet

Well...what I would do is order another one today, when you get the first one you can return it to the nearest Chadwicks store. Dont they have one close to you? Or you can call and cancel the order or call and tell customer service this is what you intend to do and see what they say..

TerryJ2

No, we don't have one.
I couldn't get through on the phone ... ("Due to unusual call volume ...") so I emailed. I bet they refuse. But I had to try.

susiestar

Roll With It
I would look up the corporate headquarters info. Find where the CEO's office is and call HIS number. I have had wonderful results doing this.

I do this if I can't get through on a cust svc line, if I email and don't get a reply, if I get someone snotty on the phone. I don't call, hold, ask for supervisor, wait, wait, wait some more, find out super is in a meeting/at lunch/went home sic/etc..... They get ONE call (or attempt to call). If I dont' get what I want, I call the CEO's number or at least the corporate office # and ask for the CEO (by name if possible).

Just find a business database through google or google the company name and CEO's office address.

With this situation, they most likely will refund it, esp if you let them know that you will tell 300 of your closest friends (or however many of us are on here!) how wonderful or awful they were wth this. in my opinion you should get the adjusted price for the discount and the shipping. Otherwise, tell them you will send it back for a refund, won't ever shop with them again, and will tell ALL of us and we will remember it when we think about shopping with them. This is what they need to hear to justify the discount. It is NOT bad manners on your part. It is how the game is played - and they KNOW it also. It costs them a LOT more to have all of us here thinking twice about buying from them than refunding your shipping the the extra discount would. Plus, they get positive thoughts from all of us when you tell us how great they were. This is how it works in mail order/online retailing.