only 1.8???

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I weighed in 2night and I only lost 1.8 pounds:confused:

I walked an hour every day and almost stayed on core everyday perfectly!

I am not a happy camper!

Oh well, I binged on a 1/2 a meatball parm, but still had a diet coke, which for me is big progress, 2morrow is a new day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
AOG,

1.8 pounds is great!!!!!! I know when we are starting a new program we all want to drop huge amounts but this is truly a journey and 1-2 pounds of week is healthy! I think you did great!

Marguerite

1.8 pounds in how long? A week? Because that is a lot for a week. One pound should be about the max per week, for better long-term prospects.

If you can, write down what you eat per day, total, include what you drink - everything, and work out the calorie (or kilojoule) amounts. Then calculate your own base metabolic need (I posted a few months ago with the calculation). You should be eating a bit less than your base metabolic need to lose weight. Also as your weight drops, your base metabolic rate also drops so that is one more reason why your diets seem to stop working.

You're going great, keep it up!

Marg

busywend

It is better than 0!

I only lost .1 last night! LOL! It was pretty funny to call it a loss at all, but I am going to!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
well I am climbing back on the wagon 2morrow, I have been eating like a mad woman since last nights weigh in: meatball parm, panera's, chocolate, chinese. I feel gross, tired and sick, so at least I can see eating well made me feel well. Back to work 2morrow

N

Nomad

I too think it's a great number!!! Congrats!

First of all, remember...often times if we are under stress, our bodies will hold on to body fat as a protective mechanism. Aren't we lucky?

1.8 is actually an ideal number. I found that follks who lost between 1-2 pounds per week do VERY well in the long term. Although it is hard to remember, this is a long term (okay forever...but we don't like to hear that word) thing. So, taking your time to get it off, teaches us and our bodies how to get it off and how to keep it off.

You can write down what you eat daily (not necessarily counting points for CORE) and see week by week if certain foods or portions of foods cause you to eat too much, etc. In other words, if they are tempting right now...maybe some foods shouldn't be in your home at the moment because the portions are out of whack. You can also experiment with the FLEX program for a week or two,eating largely CORE foods to see if that program works better for you. If you really like CORE better, after a period of time, switch back to CORE. I really like the flexibility of the WW program.

I did some VERYgeneral calculations....not looking at a calendar....
Weeks left until big winter holidays
August 2
Sept. 4
Oct. 4
Nov. 4
Dec. 3 Total: 17 weeks

Let's say you average 1.6 pounds per week. That would be 27.2 pounds off before Christmas and you will have dropped sizes way before then. Whatever the number is, chances are sky high it will be much better than if you did not have a program helping you.

I agree, slow and steady wins the race. You really don't have to change a thing, but if you want to, examine what you eat to see if you want to tweak it a tiny bit.
Congrats...keep up the good work!

Last edited:

trinityroyal

AOG, you're doing great.
Keep in mind that it's a journey. 1.8 pounds in such a short time is an excellent achievement, and learning new habits is hard work.

Good for you!

N

Nomad

I wanted to add...actually...I often had weeks that I lost a lot less than 1.8 pounds. However, any loss was a good week in my book. I had an old boss once tell me that the key to winning in life is persistence. I never realized how accurate that comment was until I got much older...just keep your eye on the prize and push forward. I promise you...it will be worth it in the end.

LittleDudesMom

AOG,

Down is down baby! Sometimes, especially after a good lump down at the beginning of our weight loss journey, we expect those 4 point somethings to be the standard. But slow and steady wins the race!

I'm down 42 in like 33 weeks (sorry ladies, I've forgotten the count, I'll get back to it in the fall when teh kids are in school) - you do the math. That's slow and steady.

Bottom line, a loss is a loss and not a gain. Your body is adjusting to it's new pattern - healthier food and more exercise.

Be happy and proud that you lost 2 pounds and did not gain those two!

Sharon