Only me would do this

Abbey

Spork Queen
H got home yesterday morning. I thought I'd make a nice dinner for tonight so got up at 5am and put stuff in the crock pot, cleaned up his kitchen mess, two loads of his laundry, then got ready for work.

My last thing was to use the potty before I go to work. My 'skinny' pants were not clean, so I wore what I call my fat pants. Well...my cell dropped into the toilet from my pocket. I snatched that thing up in less than a second, completely disassembled it quickly and dried it out. Nothing. NOOOOOOO.....

I left it apart all day to see if it would dry. Still nothing. A coworker said to put it in a bag of rice as it pulls out the moisture. So now my dead cell is sitting in a celophane bag of rice on top of my microwave. I'm frantically searching for my old cell which only shows half the screen. Great.

Good day at work. Come home...H is having a HUGE pity party but says it's too long to explain and promptly goes to sleep on the couch. I don't want to talk.

Ok...now my mind is swirling. Money? Kids? Mad that HE had to take the bus? I have no idea.

I think I'm going to go enjoy my dinner alone and a glass of wine right now.

Abbey

klmno

So sorry, Abbey...you really deserved a better day than this. I hope H is just frustrated over something at work or something else minor and wakes up to discuss it with you. He owes you dinner out after this!!

Steely

Oh man.........that sounds like my life. What the H?

I have done that with my cell phone twice......once in the potty..........once through the washer. Good Grief.
And then when you try as you might to make "things better at home" they are clueless.

Many hugs.

TerryJ2

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Abbeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I HATE days like that.

Do you have ins. on the ph?

I hope your dinner was good. You deserve a good meal, a glass of wine, and a quiet evening.

Maybe H will open up and it won't have anything to do with-you. And then you can just sip your wine and murmur, "Umm-hmm every so often.

KTMom91

It really stinks when you try to make things nice and no one notices, let alone appreciates your efforts.

Rice? Really? Oldest stepson mistook the bedside table for the potty after way too much beer and peed all over his phone. Wish I'd known about the rice thing then.

Enjoy your delicious dinner and have plenty of wine.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((Abbey))

I live with a bear. I know what you mean. ugh

As for the cell.....the rice is a good idea. If I dared own one, I'd probably do something like that in less than a day.....if I didn't lose it first. lol

Enjoy your dinner and your wine.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Found my old cell. I can receive calls, but there is no screen to make calls unless I know the number. I'll limp along.

H-? I've hidden all the knives in the house and fortunately can't remember where they are. So he says he doesn't want to talk. Ok. I'll give you space. Wakes up an hour and a half later after doing NOTHING in the house and I said I'm having dinner. If you'd like some it's ready.

**** pore look on his face he grabs a plate. I gently ask him what's going on. He is screaming almost immediately. It's all about the business. easy child son was supposed to do an event today for Starbucks and couldn't find the place. He has no cell. Clients are calling H every 10 minutes while he's at his first day back at work. I can understand his frustration. BUT...and this is where the fight ensures, I try to explain to him YET AGAIN that you don't have family and friends work for you. It's just such a bad combination. And, the boy is only 18.

He needs to go through the things that normal 18 year olds do at that period of their life. They screw up!! They're late, might not have a ride, don't have money for a cell, over sleep, etc. But when you make it business...sigh. I told him he's going to alienate him, just like he's done with me. Let some other employer teach him those lessons of when you're not up to snuff. You're supposed to be a DAD...not a boss.

He's yelling about how everyone is so incompetant. HE DOESN'T GET IT! He doesn't understand how easy child could pass up making $500 for 4 hours of work. Ummm...because he hates it? Ya think? He does it out of obligation and that is wearing thread thin.

So I make the GRAND decision to walk outside in my slippers and no coat. Yep. It's 11 degrees with snow everywhere. I lasted one cig and went back in and down to my chamber.

What's next? I'll sit here fiddling on the computer, trying to write my book for the next few hours but won't be able to because I'm so PO'd and then he'll apologize. They mean nothing to me anymore. Heh...we lasted one day together this time.

Can you get a new life on Ebay?

Men.

(sorry for the vent)

Abbey

meowbunny

Well, if it makes you feel any better. Cell phones in toilets is pretty common. Happened the other day when I was playing Mah-Jongg to a friend. We all commisserated and told stories of how we or our friends had done the exact same thing.

However, I think my best friend truly did a one in a million. She cooked her phone! Three years ago in the turkey and the toxic stuffing. Guess what? The plastic melts when stuck in a turkey for hours. Not only did we decide she was not cooking any big meals ever again but we made her buy the largest, thickest phone she could find as a replacement.

As for the hubby, tell him to stick it. You're rights kids are very passive-aggressive when they don't want to do something. Does his dad know he hates doing it and is only doing it out of obligation? If not, maybe junior should clue dad in. He shouldn't take it out on you and he should be a big boy and get over it. Of course, he won't and can't. It is one of those stupid male things, I think.

I'm sorry you're so miserable with him right now. It has to be so hard moving to a new place and then fighting every time you're together. HUGS

Jena

Abbey

I"m sitting picturing your cell in the bag of rice..........

i'm sorry you had a rough day, cell in toilet this isn't good. Today was supposed to be a good day for you. Ok your good day is now rescheduled for tomorrow. Says Me. So, pop on those skinny jeans tomorrow with that great attitude you have, please take your cell out of your pants while you pee, and if he bothers you at all toss the pee ridden bag of rice on him???

(((Hugs)))

yup, gotta love the p*in in the *sses!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Cell has rebounded to texting, but that's it. It receives calls, but there is no sound. That's helpful. And it won't charge. It's like watching a good friend slowly die. Sigh. Just have to get a new one.

Cell in a turkey? Geez...I can't even top that one! How the heck did that happen?:surprise: I'm envisioning someone stuffing a turkey while they get a call. You've got the cell on the shoulder thing going on because you have stuffing all over your hands. Hand up, then forget it's in your hand? I'm still giggling over this.

Abbey

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hugs Abbey. Just keep letting it dry out it may bounce back. I know it bites but it may take a couple of days. Of course it may be gone too. My mom has done this with hers twice. My step dad won't let her take the cell into the bathroom any more.

As for husband sigh. I don't know what to tell you there. Just send more hugs.

beth

gottaloveem

my son dropped his phone in the toilet. we bought him a new one over the internet, then he had to take it into a sprint store to have it turned it on. he had his old phone on him, so the guy fixed the old one that dropped in the toilet for free! I don't know what he did, but he did fix it. ( i wish i would've known that before we bought the new one) So maybe try taking the phone up to whichever provider provides your cell phone service,maybe they can help.