Ontarians - are you all getting this slow moving storm front?

Mattsmom277

It's just hanging so dark, heavy, moist and disgustingly HOT over my area. My daughter is camping in Algonquin park, radar showed a heck of a front whipped through there. Just heard on tv that in Ottawa a huge stage from some Edge Fest type festival was knocked around pretty good. Seems most of th eprovince, heck a huge part of the country, has this massive front hanging over it. Keep thinking we'll lose power here but the things get deadly calm again. One lightening/thunder clap startled us out of our seats on the couch and we were prepared for it lol. Just wondering how your regions are faring.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Getting it here in North Central WI. It's supposed to stick around at least through tomorrow...right along with the ridiculous heatwave we have up here.

Mattsmom277

Was very ominous here and had some doozy claps of thunder and great lightening, but it seems to have flared up but faded fast, no real storm affect other then the show in the skies. It is truly a strange sky though, black and eerie looking. Glad we aren't in a tornado type region as these skies could otherwise be seen as very threatening. I think its bypassed us now.

trinityroyal

The sky is dark, and it's raining but only lightly. But it's HOT, and slated to get even hotter by midday. Working in the concrete jungle today is not going to be very much fun today.

Mattsmom277

Ugh Trinity! I at times miss living and working in your area but other times I'm so glad to be far far away from there on the hot steaming summer days. I feel your pain!

It's bright and sunny this morning here with a bit of a breeze yet the weather is forecasting rain off/on all week and apparently our temps with humidex will be going up to 42 degrees + which is misery. Dreading that, I think it said tomorrow and Wed. I gave in last week to putting in 2 of my air conditioners and I've got the house closed up tight to keep heat out. I don't want to go outside for ANY length of time in that kind of heat.

T

TeDo

We're in day 3 of what is supposed to be a 6-day Excessive Heat Warning. Temps in the upper 90's but with our excessive humidity, the heat index is about 115 degrees F. Not safe for anyone to be out in this. It is very hard to breathe out there.

trinityroyal

Well, it's stopped raining and the sun is back out. It's now hot enough that you can see the heat radiating off the pavement, and all that moisture from this morning's rain is just hanging in the air. I'm right downtown amid the skyscrapers, so there's nowhere for the heat and humidity to go, even if there were a breeze to blow it anywhere. I could walk down to the lake from here in about 15 minutes, but I would melt by the time I got there, and then melt again on the way back.

Yuck!

MM277, I'm glad you put the air conditioners in. It's a bad day for breathing.

T

TeDo

Sounds like we're sharing the same heat wave. That is exactly how it is here only we didn't get any rain. Not sure where our humidity is coming from, although we do have "10,000 lakes". Do whatever you have to to stay hydrated and cool.

Mattsmom277

Sounds like lots of us are getting the heat!!

Trinity, I REALLY feel your pain being right downtown. Years and years ago I worked on Center Island and I'd be a wreck from the heat before I even got to the ferry. Then after Matt was born I was living there again and had to use TTC from Scarborough to near Missis. to the sitter and then backtrack to Wellesley Station and walk from there. I remember HATING waking up in the morning in anticipation of the travel to work, I'd nearly pass out when I'd arrive and enter into the AC, a shock to the system. At least further north as I am I don't also have to handle smog and we have no tall buildings to trap everything, don't have the exhaust from all the cars and the subway grates venting heat up through the sidewalks. Stay cool, carry water!