Ooops, she did it again....

P

PatriotsGirl

difficult child blew off the family day I had planned on Friday (no surprise there). And yesterday I received a call from the police telling me she has been arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart. I refused to pick her up. They told me the detention center will not take kids for shoplifting, so I informed him she was already on probation and not taking any of it seriously and needs at least a weekend in jail. They took her. I am praying this will be her rock bottom, but I doubt it. She will have to appear in court tomorrow morning at 8:30. Her probation officer will be soo thrilled - especially after the long talk they had with her on Wednesday....:mad:

Bean

Good luck to you, hon. I had a same situation and they wouldn't take her to jail/detention. It wasn't until she was 17 and hit her dad (we called the police) that her legal troubles stared. I see her heading down the same path again. Wouldn't be surprised if I get a call from jail any day now, saying she was locked up for something. I hope your daughter learns faster than mine.

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, went to court this morning. They released her into my custody (oh yay) and are transferring the case to the county we live in and where she is currently on probation. Talked to her probation officer and she will get a third, yes third sanction for this and she is being placed on house arrest for 30 days while I can find a residential treatment facility with an empty bed. Which means for the next 30 days she has to remain in the house. With us. Oh yay what a fun month this is going to be. I have not told her and I do not plan on it. I have to bring her to her probation officer on Thursday for a meeting and they will be putting it on her. If I tell her now she is just going to run and party herself into oblivion. Nope. Lips are sealed. I don't even know how to go about getting her into a rehab. Last time she was committed I had to call the police and have her taken to the hospital to be transferred to the facility. Meanwhile, how in the world are we going to survive the 30 days???? :(

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lots of hugs, PG - I am right there with you, right now. Even when Onyxx hit me they wouldn't take her to juvie. Drugs? Nope. It wasn't until she failed two - yes two - drug tests, a month apart, that she spent a week there - and now she's on house arrest with us. She's getting a little better - and I told her that I knew she could, and she has been, and how awesome it was. And she told me that was the reason she didn't, because then we knew better.

Good luck with the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I understand so well...

TerryJ2

Oh, dear.
They always think they are doing people favors when they release kids ... they have no idea how hard it is to keep them at home!
I hope you have good luck with-a residential treatment center, and pronto!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Step - how in the world do you keep her there? Mine would laugh in my face and walk right out the door!
LOL - I think she's afraid of going back to juvie. That's all I can figure. Onyxx is more than capable of being good. She just doesn't really WANT to...

P

PatriotsGirl

Yup, same problem here - mine can be a GREAT kid - she was an honor roll student and very well behaved for a short time and then it all went to **** again. So, I know she is very capable, she just doesn't want to be nice or good. I do believe she is opening up about Residential Treatment Center (RTC) though - she actually asked how long she would have to go for! Normally it would be I am NOT going and I will run away. So, baby steps.... :)

P

PatriotsGirl

Ha - she just informed me she is going to hang out with friends. I said no, you cannot behave yourself in public, you are not going anywhere. How much you want to bet she takes off anyway? I told her yesterday that is she left the house I would report her as a runaway, I hope she doesn't make me enforce that one, too....

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you have to enforce it - enforce it.

I swear you're talking about Onyxx. I just looked at your signature and this got me:
tried medications but she refuses to take anything that doesn't get her "high"
Yep... For her own good... Report her...

P

PatriotsGirl

Step, I have a glimmer of hope, albeit very tiny but it's there. She actually said okay. Maybe the weekend in juvie actually did so some good. She DID say she hated every moment and it was sheer hell. I would love to have hope that it sunk in a little, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Again. Time willl tell. We will see if she is there when I get home...and yes, yours and mine sound VERY much alike!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
One of the problems I see is that many of our difficult children just tell us what they're going to do, rather than ask.

If it's a request? Onyxx has learned I almost always says yes.

When she TELLS me? Rarely. Usually it's a, "nope, don't think so" and then if she does it anyway, she's in trouble...