opinions on Vyvanse

jannie

trying to survive....
First--I want to say the I'm officially changing easy child/difficult child to difficult child #2. He has crossed the line so many times, that it is now official that he is a difficult child.

Although the zoloft is helping a bit, I feel like my child is more active and impulsive then ever. We've decreased to zoloft from 50 to 25 mg and we are making new medication changes. We did discuss the fact that he could be getting a bit hypermanic from the zoloft, however he really feels that it is treating some of his anxiety issues.

The doctor really feels like he is a complex child with many symptoms. He shows major symptoms of adhd; anxiety, and moodiness/anger. He feels that he most likely has some mood issues just like difficult child#1 but not nearly as severe. He thinks we should trial trileptal; however we decided to first trial a stimulant to treat the adhd part. I know this can be risky but we will monitor closely.

The doctor suggested half of a 30 mg tablet (open it up and pour out half the capsules).

Does anyone half positive and or negative feedback regarding Vyvanse?

M

ML

I'm right three with you trying to focus on the anxiety issues with a complex almost 9 year old. No experience with Vyvanse but I sure wish you the best of luck!

Sara PA

From the Vyvance prescribing information
Vyvanse capsules may be taken whole, or the capsule may be opened and the entire contents dissolved in a glass of water. If the patient is using the solution administration method, the solution should be consumed immediately; it should not be stored. The dose of a single capsule should not be divided. The contents of the entire capsule should be taken, and patients should not take anything less than one capsule per day

by the way, there has been a limited recall of Vyvance.

jannie

trying to survive....
Thanks Sara for sending the prescribing information. I did read that as well....My doctor said to do this a first because he wanted to start out slow and this was the lowest dosage currently available.

The other medication choice he said to try was focalin xr--but since difficult child 1 had a negative reaction to this when he tried it, we just decided to go with the vyvanse.