Oral Lichen Planus

BusynMember

I have this yukky chronic problem. Anyone else know anything about it? I just found out about it last week.

I also had to have a biopsy...just in case it's oral cancer and not lichen planus but I know it's unlikely. Doesn't stop me from wondering, being high strung.

I can't find anyone who had experience with this. Nobody even knows about it. Anyone here have experience or know someone? You can get it anywhere, but mine is in my cheek. I thought I was biting my cheek in my sleep. Guess not.

BusynMember

Really? Would you be kind enough to tell me if he a biopsy and was told there is a very small chance it could become csncerous? Thank you so very much. You really helped me.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
SWOT, a good friend of mine has lichen planus in her genital area. She has never been warned that it could turn cancerous. She is treated with cortisone products for flares and it seems to come and go. Breakouts in completely new areas of that region do have to be biopsied, though. She has had surgery a few times because in her case, the condition, due to its location, tends to interfere with the functions of that area.

As long as you follow doctors' orders and your doctor keeps and eye on the area, you should do just fine.

Hope you are not in pain.

Hugs,
GN

BusynMember

Thanks, GN
I thought I was biting my cheek in my sleep. During flare ups it can be hard to eat.
I always make sure I get good healthcare.
Thanks.