Ordered Senior pictures today...

KTMom91

...and those things are expensive! I told the woman flat out I hadn't planned on spending my entire stimulus check for this...she didn't look like she was amused. The people in the waiting room with us chuckled, though. I shudder to think of all the Senior year expenses...graduation announcements, cap and gown, Grad Night...added to the usual yearbook, parking permit, binders, paper, pencils...

I'm even more worried because I can't get back in to the orthopedist's office until mid-August, and school starts August 25. I've already committed to several substitute jobs, and I need to time knee surgery and recovery around this somehow. It hurts too badly to wait until Christmas vacation. Being a substitute, if I don't work, I don't get paid. No sick leave for me. We're managing this summer, but I need to be working as soon as I can.

Andy

I refused to pay the cost of senior pictures so easy child did not get any. Actually, she was suppose to do research and find the cheapest place OR take her own pictures and get copies (those are just as nice these days) and she never did.

klmno

There are probably places that do them for less cost now- we found a professional photography place here that does everything digital and it's amazing what you can get- then they give you all the proofs on a cd. Of, course, most people (including me) get s888ed in that way and buy more.

But, shoot, you ordered them- senior pictures only come once and they will be there forever! My guess is, you won't regret it in the long run. Look at it this way- at least you got to this point- be happy and enjoy!!

Oh- I hear it is all so much more costly than when I was a teenager. My senior ring cost $80-100- that was considered a moderate price. Now I hear that $500 is not unreasonable.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Mary,

Just went through that with easy child. BUT, we just couldn't do the costs of all of that stuff. He didn't even want to go to his graduation, but we did do the cap and gown and homegrown photos. It is ridiculously expensive. I'd rather have a photo that is spontanous than one that is planned. He didn't want a class ring, etc. Who wears those anyways after a few months out of HS?

Abbey

everywoman

The year pcdaughter graduated difficult child was supposed to graduate also. I did two of everything---of course, difficult child left school in April---although he did graduate!!!

I did the ring thing for pcson. Did not do it for the other two. His is sitting in my drawer.

His college ring I paid for with money my biodad left me----the school alumni association paid for 1/2 because if he ever disgraced the school, they will take it back. He actually had to sign a contract stating that!!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm not looking forward to senior year expenses-good thing she is a sophomore. husband and I were shopping this weekend and saw graduation party stuff really cheap. I told him we need to remember that when easy child is going into her senior year and buy the stuff on clearance for the next year.

DammitJanet

If you can find a Portrait Innovations place near you, take the senior pics there and they will be much cheaper. If you pick three poses you get the CD and can print out any other pose you want later on your own.

Just ordered the senior pics online. husband pointed out after reading the brochure that you could opt out of the enormously expensive packages and get single photos. We did that, but it was still too expensive in my humble opinion. These folks make out like bandits!