Ordering US Prescriptions from Canada

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Has anyone here done this?

If so, how did you find out about the Canadian mail order pharmacy that you used, and what's your experience been?

Lothlorien

I did this for Zyrtec, because my insurance made me pay $35. month and there was no generic. My ins. won't pay for more than one month at a time, either. Exactly two months after I ordered the generic, you could buy both the generic and the real stuff over the counter. Go figure! I did save about $30. for a three month supply when I bought the generic, but the real stuff price was still fairly high. I think I used canadadrugs.com They have the price for just about all their drugs on their site. I did not need a script for the zyrtec, because it was already sold over the counter there. I ended up calling them and they were very helpful.

Lothlorien

It was probably one of the first ones I found online. You might want to ask tiredmommy if she knows of a better one. She was ordering Zyrtec for Duckie from a Canadian Pharmacy, too, before it went OTC.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nope... checked with her.

Hmmmm... maybe brother in law#3 will have some advice for me this weekend. He says he's ordered stuff from Canada before with no problems.

Hey, Trinity, do YOU have any suggestions?

trinityroyal

Funny...I've been thinking about this since you posted the question. Thing is, I just go to the Costco pharmacy down the road, so I've never needed to order scripts online.

I know that Consumer Reports magazine did a rating of online prescription services. I tend to keep all the back issues lying around so I'll do a little digging and see if I can find the relevant article.

Trinity

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Let us know what you find out. Interested to know if it is easy and if it works out to be a better deal for most medications?

I now use Vitacost for all of my vitamins, I priced them out over in store costs and the ones I buy from them are so much less expensive.