Orlando news: They think they may have found little Caylee Anthony's body(merged)

Critter Lover

Everyone wishes her mom would get the death penalty here but we have a feeling that she will go to prison but inmates may get her there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryJ2

EW! That poor meter reader. He will never be the same.
(He needs to read Miss Manners and learn to use private rest rooms, though.)

I agree, that mom will be in deep trouble in prison. She will have to be put under strict surveillance for her own safety. Child abusers and murderers are at the bottom of the pecking order in prison.

Thank d*G for DNA testing! Even if the body isn't Caylee, someone will have closure with-this discovery.

Marguerite

I think there is a great deal more to come out in this case. The article said that prosecution are now likely to take their time before letting it go to trial, so March now seems optimistic. Sounds like that have a few more ideas they want to thoroughly investigate and nail into place.

My question - if this IS Kaylee, then how come she was dumped so close to home, when her mother was away for an entire month roaming around, could have left her much further away? Sounds like a lot more answers are needed.

It also shows yet another reason for neighbourhood vigilantes to stay out of it; all those extra people trampling clues into the ground and totally muddying the scene; not good for investigators, it's now too easy to claim that any evidence has been totally contaminated.

The DNA tests will take as long as DNA tests really do. All those crime shows where they plug in some clues and minutes later a strip of paper peels out - it doesn't work that way, not currently. They'll be doing protein synthesis as well (the alternative to using larger tissue samples) and you just have to take time to do this. You can't really hurry complex chemical reactions.

Marg

Lothlorien

There is something very psychologically wrong with Caycee. She has herself convinced that nothing is wrong. How else could she have gone through all of the police grueling interrogations, the insurmountable circumstantial evidence and the publicity and still maintain that the girl is "safe"....yeah, safe in a bag under water. Sick.

klmno

The whole thing is just so sad. Yes, I agree there is something wrong about the mother. But, judging how the grandmother acts sometimes, I think there are a lot more secrets in that family. I had read that the prosecution had already said they would seek a life sentence, not the death penalty. Now that the body might be found and there could be some small potential for more evidence, I wonder if they could/would change their minds and go for the death penalty?

She was such an adorable little girl...

meowbunny

Don't you think everyone should wait to see if this is in fact Kaylee? There have been so many false reports and rumors about this little girl that I am ready to start screaming. Living near Orlando, television stations actually pre-empted regular programs to report the finding of the body for hours. One station actually reported it was definitely Kaylee with absolutely no foundation. It really would be nice to just stick to the facts.

I've always believed that the little girl is dead. I hope and pray the mother didn't kill her deliberately but rather out of anger or frustration. As I've said before, I put far more blame on the grandmother than anyone else. This was girl who did not want a baby. She wanted an abortion or to give her child up for adoption. The grandmother refused to let either happen and then forced her daughter to take care of a child she did not want and had no clue how to parent. At least the women in this family are things to be pitied. There is something seriously wrong with these females.

Ah, well, I do hope it is Kaylee just so there can be some closure for everyone. I hope we get some real answers and I honestly hope that Caycee that gets some real help.

witzend

It seems thet found a child's body 1/2 mile from where her mom & grandma. Are they saying more than this in Florida?

klmno

There's another thread on here about that- it might answer a few questions for you. It's my understanding that they found a child's body, near the home of the grandparents and it could be hers. I guess they are trying to do testing to find out for sure. Apparently, they are also searching the grandparents' home again, with a search warrant.

klmno

The search of the grandparents' home might just be to see iif the mother left any evidence there- not necessarily that the grandparents were involved or knew. Of course, no one knows for sure yet if this is the little girl's body.

TerryJ2

I found a quote from a member of one of the search teams, who thinks it is Caylee's body. That is apparently where the media came up with- an official opinion.
>>A member of EquuSearch — one of the volunteer groups — said they did not check the wooded lot at the edge of the outlying suburb in early September because it was submerged from heavy rains. When they returned in November, the site had been fenced off.
EquuSearch volunteer Deborah Smith said she believed the remains belonged to Caylee.
"I'm glad she was found before Christmas so they can give her a proper burial," Smith said

meowbunny

They're searching the grandparents' because of things found with the body -- plastic bag, duck tape. Guess they're hoping for a forensics match before the DNA comes in.

B

bran155

I can't remember where I saw it but I did see some news story where they said that she is a borderline. Then I saw a Dr. Phil show about this story and they were saying she might have anti-social personality disorder. I absolutely think she has some sort of disorder to be able to lie as well as did. She held up her stories under questioning. The way she was able to completely make up a babysitter the way she did is pretty scary. Sounds pathelogical (spelling?) to me. I really do feel bad for the grandparents. They can't even grieve for pete's sake!!! To have all of those people harassing them constantly, in front of their house, it's like a circus!!! I would imagine even if Casey killed their granddaughter they still love her, she is their child. Just a sad situation all around.

B

bran155

Oh, meowbunny, I didn't know that her mom forced her to have the baby. If that is the case, this is why I am pro-choice!!!! I can only imagine how many unwanted children are killed by parents who never wanted them to begin with. Sad.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I can't keep the names straight. But yeah. I've thought from the get-go that the Mom is seriously mentally ill. And I do mean seriously. I've not kept up with it like Nichole has.....I just can't do it. I look at that picture of Caylee and she resembles Aubrey so much I feel a sudden need to toss my cookies. But whenever I've seen the Mom....I mean, it's there if you're paying attention. It's dispayed in her body language, it's in her eyes, it's in her speech and what she says. She is seriously desturbed.

I dunno. Maybe it cuz I've seen my own Mom that way so many times over the years that I can pick up on it easily. But what I've seen can't be faked. Or you'd have to hand her an Oscar.

That they supposedly found her head bound it duct tape doesn't help matters. OMG

I do think there is more to this story to yet be discovered. The problem is that so far the only one they know to ask what happened is a severely mentally ill mother. :(

I'm usually one to want to rip the throat out of any child abuser. But this time.....once I saw the Mom.......All I could think of was that she needed to be under treatment of one heckova good psychiatrist. Not saying she shouldn't be punished. Because even with severe mental illness, she is still a very real huge threat to society. If she had no hesitation to do this to her own child.....

My heart breaks for the grandparents and the rest of the family. And I pray for them. And I pray that God will give this innocent baby Justice.

Marguerite

The other aspect to the grandparents home - it was also where Caylee had been living, so it will have the little girl's DNA for them to cross-check. They also need to eliminate any trace evidence on Caylee (if it IS Caylee) that could be from where she lived. Anything different that they find could point to where she was when she died and possibly even how she died. And who.

Marg

Critter Lover

Radio was talking about the case this morning and they said that if the evidence comes back that this child is indeed Caylee then the state attorney would probably seek the death penalty. They said that Kevin Berry was talking last night that the skull is that of a girl and the only missing child that is female in the area is Caylee. I guess time will tell
once they have all their information in and what the state attorney's office does as far as what they will seek for Casey.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I wonder - if this Mother were my child.....how I would want people to view her. I guess I feel this way because despite how awful the circumstances are, nothing has been proven and we can only sit back and arm-chair detective the entire horrible event based on what the news/media states. The same media that reports stuff to boost their ratings. There are children dying every day at the hands of their parents. Instead of putting the focus on the Mother, why cant' someone put the focus on HERE ARE SOME PARENTING CLASSES FOR FREE, Here is where you can go for mental health services and then take the stigma out of actually GOING to GET help? WHY? Because that doesn't sell commercials and ad space. Here in the capital city of SC they have cut 211 jobs by the first of the year to an already overburdeded system. 211 less counselors - helping people like this woman - and we wonder why things like this happen.

I think I'd rather continue to advocate for mental health plans and continue to write my congressman and state senators, than suppose anything about someone I do not know. You have to admit - even if the help is there? Not all make use of it because of the stigma of being "crazy" or "mental." Maybe we could all work a little harder towards a goal of better mental health services and maybe then - a few less people would be in the news.

Just my .7 1/2 cents.