ORLY? Here's a helping of your own logic Dude.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Laughing in the car on the way to taking Dude back to "his" home becasue he wanted to go rollerskating. For such an unorganized, disconbobulated grace-lacking child he really is phenominal on skates and I love to just sit and watch him. However DF and I got a chuckle and thought I'd share it with you.

D: "I want to get home so I can go skating tonight."
Us: "So you enjoy the skating rink that much? That's great."
D: "Yes I enjoy it, but the girls that go there are just UGH."
Us: "What do you mean UGH?"
D: "The clothes they wear, and then they chase me and X around." (x is friend and NOT handsome at all by any stretch of the imagination and his personality is beyond blah)
Us: "Well little girls have always followed you around."
D: "No Momma - these are 15 and 16 year old girls dressed in....in....well their shorts are like this big (does hands at about 4") and their shirts are so see through I don't have to imagine a thing."
Us: "4" shorts? Oh come on."
D: "Momma I swear - they leave NOTHING to my imagination and it's AWFUL......(long pause) Why if I had a daughter that dressed like THAT? OMG I would (long pause) NOT allow her to go in public like that!!!"

Then a long silence followed by - MY HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER.....and then DF's laughter.....and Dude smiling "What Momma?"

Us: "You know with your shaved hair, notched eyebrows, tattoos, baggy pants, 1/2" rhinestone stud earrings, 3 or 4 silver chains, blingy dinner plate sized belt buckle, and NOW a grill...YOU ARE ONE TO TALK about how people dress." (says DF)

and I seized the moment and said Dudes FAMOUS words back to him -
"Well I'm sure those girls are JUST DRESSING....their OWN style - you know, not anyone ELSES style....being...(pause) THEMSELVES - kinda like you and the style YOU wear."

(could have heard a cricket blink)

D: "Well I'm not hanging my goodies out for everyone to see!" (in a very Fatherly tone)
Us: Yeah - those baggy pants showing yer butt crack says NOTHING to the world about showing YER goodies."

D: UGH - Dad....you know what I mean?
Us: "Sure son - one standard for you and one for hoochie Momma's."
D: "Well they ARE dressing like hookers.
Us: "are you getting older on us?"

D: (laughing) NOooooooo.
Us: (his words again in defense of his dressing habits) "Don't judge a book by it's cover Dude."
D: "Wha? I'm not I'm just saying if you see these girls and their 4" shorts you can see THEIR butt cracks Mom."
Us: "And we see yours in those dang baggy pants what's the difference?"

D: I give up! (then laughter) "You guys think you're SOOooooooo smart."

Me: Shmarty, schmart......:tongue:

DDD

I think Dude has gotten the picture...lol. Truly I am pretty liberal but the hoochies are taking over the world at younger and younger ages. :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The whale-tail and muffin tops send me over the top!
Duh, Star, it is OK for guys to dress like that! Not girls...
I say, no Crack of any kind!!! puhleeze...
K has no hips... so her little booty is always hanging out. I tickle her and say "What is this!!!"
She giggles...
Soon enough... sigh.

trinityroyal

The whale-tail and muffin tops send me over the top!

Umm...:stalker:...I know what a whale-tail is when it refers to cars, or, um, whales. And a muffin top when it refers to...um...muffins...

But, Toto, what in heaven are you talking about?

(I know I'm sheltered. But now I'm sheltered AND very very confused)

Trinity

mstang67chic

Going Green
Umm...:stalker:...I know what a whale-tail is when it refers to cars, or, um, whales. And a muffin top when it refers to...um...muffins...

But, Toto, what in heaven are you talking about?

(I know I'm sheltered. But now I'm sheltered AND very very confused)

Trinity

LOL A whale tail is when the jeans are low enough you can see the top of the girl's thong. Kinda looks like a whale tail. As for the muffin top....welllllll.....that's when a girl wears the low slung jeans snugly and she isn't a total stick of a skinny minny. That's when you get the bit of skin/fat hanging out over the top of the pants. Look at a muffin. Now....picture the wrapper as the waist of the jeans and the top of the muffin as someone's torso.

See it now?

Lothlorien

Oh. MY. Gosh!!! I'm just rolling on the floor right now!!! Whale tail....Bwaha! Muffin Tops........That just kills me. I'm just slapping my knee right now.

susiestar

Roll With It
I still remember being in a Kroger and Jessie was about 4. She wanted to ask one of the baggers a question. He was looking at something else, and she was a teeny little thing.

So she tugged on the clothing she could reach.

And DEPANTSED HIM!! It was the FUNNIEST thing to watch, but I did say something to the manager. I REALLY didn't want her to get anatomy lessons like that! ROFL!!

They didn't fire him, but every time he saw Jessie after that he made a grab for his waistband (which was MUCH tighter and higher up than it had been.)

So I tell my kids their clothes must pass the 4yo tug test.

When I asked the school counsellor about dress code when we enrolled Jessie thisyear, she said it was pretty much, "Cover your B's". A student had said that when they were talking about it the year before and it stuck. Think about it - the areas that they want covered all start with the letter B. Even Belly Button!

I think it is a riot that Dude has a different standard for the girls, but the hoochie factor is growing in the younger set at an alarming rate, in my opinion.

Andy

Dude gets it - he just doesn't want to admit it!

:rofl:

Wales, muffins, and B's - I so love the variety this board brings to a large range of subjects.

I especially like that Belly Buttons begin with "B". Something a lot of kids may not know! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: It's finally coming full circle, Star! I can hardly wait until I get the same satisfaction from my kids! :D

klmno

Yep- I'm going to hang around this board for years- if for no other reason, I just can't wait to hear about how Dude is doing after he has Star a grandbaby!!

Even though it is humuorous, there's something very sweet about "watching" him mature and start to think things through and learn how to just bite it sometimes so he can turn things around. (You don't need to tell him I said that though, Star!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sign on door - (new sign)

NO MUFFINS
NO WHALE TAILS
NO GRANDBABABIES (other than pootie 'cause she's prrrrrrrecious yesh she is hers grammies babie)

OMG I'll never EVER look at an Otis Spunkemeyer treat the same way again!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Trinity and Stang I just spit my Tea out reading this post!!!
The minute I see any Whale Tail or Muffin Tops on those girls...

I always ask husband, (I don't wear thongs) But we always joke and I bend over and ask, "Any whale tail, or muffin?"

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
OMG. Too funny.

Gotta admit, tho, Star, I'm with Dude on this one. As annoying as the baggie pants are, a little plumber crack is better than a centerfold under tissue paper...

difficult child 1 thought he'd do the baggy thing once. My dad cured him by taking him to breakfast dressed the same way. Even my dad's friends still turn red when they talk about that.

Susie - recently, we stopped at a gas station after school. A young man who's pants were below his butt was visiting with friends. difficult child tapped him on the elbow and said, very politely, "Sir, your pants are falling down." Gotta love the innocence.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I won't even comment on the replies. I'd never be let out of the corner.

They always say you never would understand why your parents did the things they did until you had your own kids. Well, Dude doesn't have a kid (that we know of), but he seems to be growing up.

Good job, Mom.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Cory dresses like a white gangster but let me put something on Keyana that shows her belly and he yells at me! She is a baby for gosh sakes and he wants to keep her dressed like a real baby...lol. I cant tell she is gonna have to sneak around on him.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Had to laugh at this one.......earlier this fall I was at a football game and sitting in front of me was a woman who wasn't overweight, but was not a skinny minney either .......anyway when ever "our team" did something well she would stand up and cheer, when that happened her waist length coat would lift up and you would see her low slung jeans and sure enough it was a whale tale...... (I had no idea that was what they were called, but I totally get it)....... I would just cringe cause if I wore anything like that I would be doubling over in pain......it looked like the thong was going to split her symmetrically.......ooooooooooooooh........ and frankly she was a little past the "prime" age where this could be thought of as just young fashion nonsense........ Not only did it look uncomfortable, it was a cold day and she was releasing a lot of flesh to the chilly air....... I guess I just don't understand these fashions.......never have even thought about trying a thong........ick........