Oscar got euniched today...

witzend

Poor guy. I'm going to have to get some photos of him in his Elizabethan collar. He just wants to sit - surprisingly so. It dawns upon me that I am the only "unaltered" member of my household. ;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
The collar was called the "cone of shame" from the movie "UP". I love that.
Oscar will be grateful to be back to himself in a few days.

witzend

I had forgotten about "the cone of shame"! I love that movie! Poor guy is sitting here crying, and still hasn't peed. We were supposed to wait until morning for the first pain medication, but I couldn't make him wait that long. The more pain before medications the more medications you need. So, we'll stay up for a while and make sure that he's safe, and try to get him to pee once his pain level is down. He has eaten, but he won't touch the water. It's funny how they know that it will fill their bladder and make them uncomfortable.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Poor guy. All mine wanted to do the 1st 2 days was sleep. Molly did ok without pain medications. But Betsy and her Mom both had them.

Hope his pain goes down.

donna723

Calling it the "cone of shame" is very appropriate considering the expression they usually have on their faces while they're wearing it! The discomfort doesn't seem to last very long though. It had been decades since I had a male dog and I had never had one that had been neutered but I got my little Trace just a week after his surgery was done. It didn't seem to bother him at all by the time I got him. He was racing through the house, running and playing and bouncing off the walls. He had to go back a week after I got him to get his surgical staples removed but he never really seemed to notice them. So maybe Oscar won't have to wear the cone for very long.

TerryJ2

Ohh, owie!
We've only had one neutered and he was more interested in running than crying. It was everything I could do to keep him calm and still.
I'm so sorry for Oscar. I hope he feels better soon.