OTC Scar Removal?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Anyone ever use those scar removal creams they advertise on TV? I'd LOVE to get rid of one that is a daily reminder of an unpleasant event.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child used that OTC scar removal last year to get rid of some scarring on her breasts and it worked great she said. Her scars were very recent, however, so I don't know how well they would work on an old scar.

Cocoa butter and Vit E always worked for me, however again, on recent scars.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hmmm...not sure about what qualifies as recent, but it's about 4 months old. It's not so much as a scar, but a 2X2 discoloration of the skin. My knee cap is basically purple. Not a pretty sight. I thought once the injury healed it would eventually go away, but it has not. I'll try some cocoa butter and vitamin E.

Abbey

meowbunny

I had a road rash on my upper thigh after a pretty ugly bicycle fall. It did clear up but took about year. I tried the cocoa butter, vitamin E route -- doubt that it really helped but it did make me feel better to do it. For me, it was just a matter of time. Good luck.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
If it is a discoloring like a bruise type of thing you also could try tea tree. That stuff works well also. Forgot about it in my first post as I don't have any at the moment (out of sight out of mind). Just another option.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Get a tattoo - You may want to have that checked by a dermatologist Abbey - 4 weeks and it's STILL purple? I would call someone - and see what they recommend. Your skin regenerates and replaces itself every 7 years, make sure if it doesn't disappear that you do keep it out of the sun and apply sunscreen if you do go in the sun. This will lessen the darkness of it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Actually, I'm chuckling at the thought of having a tatoo on my knee. I could set a new trend!!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
OKAY Princess Ecchymosis (sounds really native huh?)

You need to read THIS - FOUR months is NOT a healthy bruise it is either a hematoma or ....something worse (which is why I put this article here) so YOU can go check it out.

Without a doubt - all the articles I read state you should see a doctor. WE KNEE-d you Abby - go see a doctorrrrr :hypnosis:
And besides they can probably give you some better cream to help -

GOOOOO NOW ABBEY - call a drrrrrr....... :doctor:

Hugs