Ouch! NOT a good night.

susiestar

Roll With It
Well this is embarrassing.

I got up to use the restroom last night. I got dizzy as I stood up.

I fell.

My nose may well be broken - right up at the top.

I hit my nose on the toilet paper holder.

So now I can say I broke my nose on the toilet paper.

Sigh.

I hope today gets better after that!

mstang67chic

Going Green
You must not buy Charmin. Everyone nose Charmin is the softest! :tongue:

Er...sorry...couldn't resist.

OUCH!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OWWWWW!!!

I've done similar though I never broke my nose.

About the dizzy - are you ok there? That worries me!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Step, the dizzy is not something to worry about. I have been dizzy off and on since I was a young teen. It is not anything to worry about. I just have some inner ear "quirks" as my ENT called it.

Though I am blonde it is NOT the reason I get dizzy!!!

Thanks for the thoughts though!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I am "naturally" blonde too, so I blame all my DITzy on that... (Stang, hush, yes I KNOW my hair is red right now!)

I have issues with dizzy when my blood sugar is low, but I'm not hypo- or hyperglycemic (either way) - I'm anemic, instead. I just worry, dizzy is not cool.

How's the nose? Sore, I'm sure... Did you ice it? Do you have black eyes now?

DammitJanet

Oh susie...so sorry. Ouch. I get dizzy too. last night was bad for me too, maybe it was all those stars someone posted about!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie*

I know we've had similar conversations about being the biggest klutz - and I'm really sorry for your pain - but I have to know ...and Mstang - BAD.....bad bad....bad......bad....CORNER GIRL.....BAD....bad...lol.bad....susie* I'm sorry she's just bad...isn't she?

Okay - you broke your nose - did you break it on the toilet paper holder falling DOWN....or did you fall down and try to get UP and broke your nose on the way UP?

Have you been to the ER yet to have your nose set?? Poor baby.

Hugs -

susiestar

Roll With It
No ER. husband will look at it tonight and see if it needs treatment. I just keep putting ice on it. I HATE cold, loathe it and will pay for it with muscle spasms. Because if I don't ice it I will have a balloon head.

I did not hit getting up. The tp holder is on the wall opposite the toilet. I was standing up, felt dizzy and couldn't stand up all the way, then I fell and hit the top of my nose hear my eyballs.

I thought 'stang was funny. No need to put her in the corner over this!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
No ER. husband will look at it tonight and see if it needs treatment. I just keep putting ice on it. I HATE cold, loathe it and will pay for it with muscle spasms. Because if I don't ice it I will have a balloon head.

I did not hit getting up. The tp holder is on the wall opposite the toilet. I was standing up, felt dizzy and couldn't stand up all the way, then I fell and hit the top of my nose hear my eyballs.

I thought 'stang was funny. No need to put her in the corner over this!!

First of all....I hope the ice is helping even though you hate it. I would have it looked at just in case....you never nose....er...know.

And Star? Neener neener neeeeeeeener!!!!!!!! :tongue:

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Susie, I'm so sorry, you didn't need THIS pain on top of your other problems!

If you do go to the ER, I wonder how the report will read. husband told me that in the ER at Hopkins a patient's report read : Complaint: dropped coconut on foot.:tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay Susie* - but now? You've created a monster. :tongue: A Neener Monster. (makes note - Stang got 1 reprieve from Susie*)

Thinking of you tonight and hoping that since you hit the top part of the nose that it's just bruised and not broken. I've had my nose broken eight times - it's almost impossible to break it at the top closest to the face (can be done I'm living proof) but - harder to break there. I know you don't like ice - so just hang in there.

Something that may help if you have it on hand is Nasonex or some other steroid nasal spray to reduce the swelling of the nasal tissues and if you can stand it - a breath-right strip.

Do you think the medicine you are on that is like DF's is the cause for the dizzy business? :faint:

Mattsmom277

Ouchies!!! Hope it isn't broken and not to swollen. And that it heals quickly.

Another possiblity for dizzyness is sudden low blood pressure. I went through it for about a year and the dizzy spells were out of control. I still have no reason given for why my BiPolar (BP) would bottom out so low over and over for so long. But it did go away. I was told to consume more sodium, move slowly when getting up from sitting or sitting from standing and to beware of lifting my arms above my head or turning my head too quickly and all of those ideas helped considerably. My ears cause dizzy spells too, no serious problems, just really annoying.

DammitJanet

Ok Susie...stop sending ouchies around! You are infecting us...lol.

I couldnt sleep much at all last night. My ribs started killing me during the night. I dont have a clue what I did but OMG...I couldnt turn over without crying out in pain. I ended up kicking Tony out of the bed before the alarm went off!