*ouch!*

helpangel

If look at my signature I totally get that not cleaning the cat box is not an option; 4 boxes indoors & I still clean them twice a day.

I usually have to do everything for myself also, I think back to one time I drove to the ER to get a couple stitches after Angel went upside my head with a dinner plate. (there was a bone in her chicken) Anyway they wouldn't let me leave with my car I actually had to pay for a taxi to take me & my girls 50ft. to get into my car in the ER parking lot to get home. Some legal nonsense can't let you drive with a head injury?

Wow laying around doing nothing is hard to get use to, I don't think I would have made it thru bed rest pregnancy to keep my youngest if hadn't been for my love of reading. The George Martin - Game of thrones books are a good read and no worries about running out of material there are 5 of them and they are around 800 pages each. I'm on the 5th one for the second time I hope he hurries up and finishes #6.

Oh almost forgot if you are a member of a church put in a call to the minister, the church women's group would come over a couple times a week to clean, do laundry & help catch up on dishes. My son was only 11yo at the time & Angel was still in diapers those church ladies were a blessing and so were those casseroles they would bring; was nice break from the PB&J (Danny didn't know how to cook).

Feel better soon but don't rush it
Nancy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, it feels a tiny bit better today so long as I don't do anything. I took a cab down to WalMart to pick up my regular medications. It was a Toyota Prius and was so low to the ground that I had a hell of a time getting into and out of it.

On the way back the cab was a full-sized sedan so that was easier at least.

I'm not getting good pain relief with half doses of painkiller, but I don't have to worry about falling from dizziness and lightheadedness.

That's something. It's times like these I miss my husband. He would've cooked for me and waited on me hand and foot. I'm stuck trying to do for myself and it isn't easy.

InsaneCdn

and was so low to the ground that I had a hell of a time getting into and out of it.
When you call for the cab, TELL them that you have a health issue and need a full-size sedan or equivalent, something that isn't "low to the ground".

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
IC, this is a town of 8,000 people. There are a total of 4 cabs on the road. I don't know if I could specify a specific type of cab or not.

It's something to think about as I drive SUVs not only because of the snow up here, but because with my knees, it's easier to get in and out of them than it is for a regular car.

InsaneCdn

There are a total of 4 cabs on the road. I don't know if I could specify a specific type of cab or not.
Yes you can! The only time it doesn't work is if you're in a town with ONE cab and it's the wrong type of vehicle.
You might have to wait for the "right" cab(s) to be available, and you can tell the dispatch you're prepared to wait.
Helps to tell them the reason for the request, too...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Thanks! IC

I will try that next time I need to take a cab, which will be tomorrow.

I quit taking the Vicodin. Ibuprofen was helping somewhat and I couldn't deal with the side effects of the Vicodin. I suppose if one likes that sort of thing, one would take them to get high, but I find it to be a very unpleasant feeling.