Our Apt...!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well 6 people saw us!!! WOW...
2 took K... 2 took husband and Me... 2 took our HUGE folder... My gosh. They were right on time. They were right on time, spent about 15 minutes talking with us and K. Asked her some questions first! NICE... Very nice Big room... with lots of toys... they told her what was going on...
They asked us if she could stay with psychiatrist's and talk with them 2... and talk and play...
husband and I went with 2 other's, Fellow's, Main psychiatrist took Fellow and our huge folder and went to look over it all and observe it all.
All of the rooms have, see through windows and microphones and video's.
We spent 1 1/2 hours talking to psychiatrist's... very thorough.

The main psychiatrist4 was kind of cold, but we realized it was to maintain appointment. times. and speed. He was to the point and kind of curt!
All of the Fellows were super nice and the actual place was very nice with comfy accommodations and lots of toys!!!

The one thing psychiatrist4's asst. said was that he thought we were doing great with our T/O's.

BUT they were very concerned with the amount of medication's that K has been on and the possibility of side effects, and the reasoning behind the choices of the medications... they want to meet on the 14th... and discuss all of this after reading further. We wrote that we really do not want to be the ones making all of the medication decisions any more. We want to be part of a team... not THE team...
The Asst was very into this... I think they thought psychiatrist3, was maybe medicating for the wrong reasons... just like us...

Pretty scary. They were appalled at the whole situation.

We are not super excited. But we are trying to remain optimistic. We are willing to do whatever at this point... which is what we told them. I told them, if you could tell me k never needed another medication and it was honestly us... I would do it. But I doubt it... I will work my butt off to help this kid. As I have already done...

Hey, breakdowns notwithstanding, we are in the sun... we left in the middle of a storm... the national guard was in our town!!! The girls were swimming tonight!!! I had a cocktail...

So... My brother in law took N for a walk while we had the meeting... She was all giggly!!!

Who knows???
I am numb...
I am nervous to be anything.

We will see. 4 psychiatrist's she is 6... what a joke. 14 medication trials...

I am positive... she has only had 4 breakdowns in 2 days LOL... BUT the plane ride was GREAT!!! One way... direct, we told them about about our issues, they put us in the back,,,, LOL they were SO kind! The girls were really good. The flight was only 2.5 hours. They feed you, Expess-Jet ROCKS!!!
LOVE IT!!! 8 round trips and you get a free flight... no miles no nothing....

I will post more when I know more. Thank you all so much for you kind word and thoughts....

tiredmommy

Thanks for updating Totoro. It's good that you seem more satisfied with this treatment team, I'm glad it's going well.

witzend

I'm glad that you posted. I was going to write and ask how you were doing. The last we had heard you were packing in the dark in a snowstorm!

I'm glad things are going well. K and N are lucky to have a mom and dad like you two.

Steely

:bravo:
Only 4 meltdowns, and doing great on the plane, I think is pretty awesome.

I am hoping things continue to be forward moving, and the doctors continue to be forward thinking.

Many hugs,
Willow

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am numb...
I am nervous to be anything.

I know this! been there done that, maybe for different reasons... wow. What a great experience -- love your new avatar. There is ALWAYS hope. Sometimes it just takes time to find it.

:its_all_good:

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU HAD A COCKTAIL!!!!!!!!!!:abouttime:???????????????????

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. I have a very positive feel about this place ToTo. If you can't keep your hopes up? I'll keep em up there for you. Give the 2 ladybugs a hug from Aunti Star.

DDD

Just to have that many professionals acutally "listen" had to be awesome. Here's hoping this is the first step in a better direction
for your family. Hugs. DDD

nvts

This sounds like Heaven! I can't wait for all the reporting to go on. Once you get everything back, I'd LOVE a PM (I'd like to look into this place for some recommendations for my guys!).

Keep up the fun component!

Beth