Our dogs sick!!

Jena

so cute. brought my big guy to vet today, he got medications has same thing as puppy. man it was hard handling him, ride out was insane. he was barking and throwing up in truck eew. got there he was really stressed had to call a few big trainers in to help me with him during exam. he wont' wear a muzzle. he's never bit anyone yet you just dont' know under stress, sick and a huge dog like that.

as i was standing there looking out little window i saw another door open and little toby was in there being examined on a table. i asked them and they brought toby in to see us. he was so excited he peed all over me lol. was like hugging our dog almost tail wagging had bandages on his legs where iv's where they removed today. so so cute.

so big guys' home and puking as i try to get all the medications down him, puppy still in hospital. and yup difficult child still in shutdown mode. wont' even drink shakes or water now. we'll be back in e.r. by friday i'm guessing unless it changes.

H

HaoZi

Tell her she's gotta be strong for Toby? Hope everyone is doing better before Friday!

Jena

oh man my dog is so bad. i bet he should of been hospitalized also yet they "had" to with the pup we bought from them. He's on a very large dose of antibiotics and hes throwing them up. wont' drink anything. husband is running to store to get gatorade for him and some pediatlyte popsicles to suck on. he has been on couch since i got home earlier. everyone at dinner table was like where is he? he ususally sits in corner and waits for spillage from kids. it's so sad when a dog is sick. i mean i feel bad for kids lol, yet animals are so helpless. yup i'm a huge huge animal lover.

DammitJanet

Anyway to call and ask if dogs can have some sort of anti nausea medication...like phenergan...maybe in suppository form? Or can they eat ginger? I suppose if I had a really sick big dog I would either grind up a phenergan and attempt to feed it to him or mush it up in vasoline and *ick* stick it where the sun dont shine. Course, thats me because I cant afford a vet and I have an abundance of phenergan here for me. I get it to take with my medicine. They do say ginger...real ginger is good too. I love real ginger ale when I am sick.

Jena

interesting. well i was lucky enough they didnt' charge me at all today. i mean he was so sick throwing up in waiting room and coughing all due to that puppy. they felt bad. he was worse when we got home though. what is that other stuff your talking about besides the ginger? i can't find my reading glasses so im squinting right now at screen lol

Jena

ok lol Janet i saw what that is a medication for naseua. if he doesnt' stop throwing up by tmrw i'll call them bk.

DammitJanet

I am certainly not recommending doing that. I just wonder if there isnt a doggy medication that is similar. Or perhaps it is the same thing just called something different in the doggy world...I think they call prozac something different there. I know sometimes people get scripts filled in people pharmacies cheaper than dog pharmacies.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can check my merck, if you want (vet medication manual). just let me know. It is older, but after looking, I don't think its that far out there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually I know they script a medication for anti nausea for dogs as when Lil Bit was so sick after we brought her home from the shelter vet gave her anti nausea medication and an anti diarrhea medication but it's been too long to know if it had different names from the ppl versions.

Jena

problem with our dog is that he won't take anything down at all now. no water, no food and is just coughing and throwing up and spitting up constantly. he probably should of been treated same as the puppy yet my dog isnt' "their" dog so they figured ahh we'll just throw some medications at it the cheapest way to go.

yet that isnt' giong to work for me since their puppy got my dog sick. i called them today and said ok i can't get any medications down him he wont' take water or food i can't give him gingerale or ginger to assist with the nasea because he simply wont' take anything down. what am i supposed to do now with my sick dog?

vet's calling back. so probably another day on the road of driving over an hr to get there. so ridiculous at this point i'm loosing my patience with-the situation

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Before you go opening that can of whoop-butt on them, read the fine print in your adoption agreement. There's a clause in ours that suggests you quarantine your new dog for a period of time in the off chance that it is sick or contagious, and that they won't be responsible for illness to other dogs if you expose the new dog to them.

Jena

yea i read too! Thing is i told them day i took puppy home are you sure it isnt' contagious the intestinal thing it had because my house isn't big enough to seperate the two. they said it's fine to have them together.

we'll c, they've been nice up till now i won't get nasty till they shut me down than i will :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh man that hoovers that puppy got the big dog sick too!! I'd be so ticked off, but yeah most adoption agreements state to keep other family pets away from the new one until you're positive they're not sick. It's so they won't have to pay additional vet bills, to cover their fannies.