our first neuropsychologist appointment

ksm

I really liked her - she seemed very thorough and friendly. She appreciated the timeline I had made and wasn't upset about missing info - since we are not bioparents and didn't know all the labor/delivery type info.

It sounds like she is willing to see difficult child as a patient and will now try to get approval for all the testing she wants to do. She told us it is usually a struggle with the insurance companies, and she is a fighter, but she wins some and loses some and wouldn't make promises. She sent two questionnaires for husband and I to complete and one for difficult child to complete and then we mail them all back to her.

I do hope this is the beginning of getting answers and help! KSM

cubsgirl

ksm,

I'm glad that the appointment went well and that you like the neuropsychologist. I'll keep everything crossed that insurance doesn't muddy the waters and testing can be done sooner rather than later. Also that you get a good working diagnosis.

TerryJ2

Very good. I have found that most doctors/therapists are deep in the trenches along with-parents to get things covered. There is no such thing as "fair" and you have to fight it out, every inch of the way.