Our holiday weekend...

DDD

One more time you gave your all in hopes of a happy ending. In your heart you now know that Wm will not end up aok and everyone in the world knows that you've put your life on the line giving it more than the old college try. I hope you'll be able to move on with-o regrets. Hugs. DDD

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all ~ it's been a trying week or I'd have been back sooner.

My eyes are wide open as are ktbug's. She's regressed a bit (some dissociative states) yet not to the extent as in the past. kt & I are working on family therapy to deal with wm; the sadness, the anger, dashed hopes, & kt doing her best not to let wm into her life just because he's her brother.

kt told me that if wm weren't her brother she wouldn't even want to hang out with him. However, during therapy she kept making excuses for wm ~ it's okay for her to be abused by him because he's the only "blood relative" she has left. It's going to be a hard sale to get her to let go of that thought process.

In the end, I made a poor decision. I was selfish in that I wanted my family together for a holiday. I planned yet in the end all the planning in the world couldn't stop my son's choices.

Life moves on.....

T

TeDo

In the end, I made a poor decision. I was selfish in that I wanted my family together for a holiday. I planned yet in the end all the planning in the world couldn't stop my son's choices.

Linda, don't you dare beat yourself up over this. When I talked to you, your reasonings were very logical and lacked any selfishness whatsoever. You wanted to give your kids something they had never been given the chance to have. That is one of the most precious things anyone can do for their kids. The responsibility lies solely with wm. HE made the choices, HE acted on them, HE caused the problem. He may no have been able to control himself or his thinking, who knows, but it was HIM that did it not you.

Your heart is too kind to tarnish with the actions of your son. You can't control him any more than I can. You are one of the sweetest, most caring people I have met. You did the best you could. It backfired and there is NOTHING you could have done differently. Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is 0/20.

I am glad you are there for kt. You can still hopefully give her some of the things you BOTH deserve. I'll be praying something good comes out of all this. You deserve it!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not

Linda--

I do not think you were being selfish...and it was only a "poor decision" in hindsight. How many things would we all have done differently if we'd had the advantage of a crystal ball?

You planned carefully - gave wm the opportunity to make good choicees...

but in the end, the poor choices were his. Whether those choices are beyond his control? Well, that's a whole 'nother thing...

I do not think you should blame yourself for trying.

((((Hugs))))

JJJ

Linda,

I think this may have been the best thing for ktbug in the long run. She got to very clearly see that wm is still very, very sick. Hopefully that will have made enough of a crack in her wishful thinking that therapist can get her to buy into keeping herself safe.

cubsgirl

Oh Linda- not selfish at all. Like the others said - you couldn't have possibly have known the outcome but you put in protective measures before going. I hope kt can process all of this in a healthy manner and understand she deserves to be safe from harm from her brother.