Our new banners

Steely

Whatcha think about our new banners on our board???

For me it is kinda strange to have these floating advertisements now always popping up across the top of our page. Like a piece of new furniture in the living room that I have not quite gotten used to.

I just saw a banner ad for a really, little, tiny private school here where I live. I thought, well, that is a shot in the dark for them to advertise on an international website. Oh well.

Anyway - I know we need the ads to generate revenue, so whatever it takes to keep our board afloat I am all for!
It has just been funny because no one has commented on them - and now I am starting to think maybe only I see them.:faint:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
hmmmmm... I haven't noticed them yet, but I only just logged on.

You didn't hit your head or anything, did you? ;)

TerryJ2

I erased my "footprints" yesterday and now I am regretting it. I have to retype and re login and re-everything. And the screen is very still. No flashing Amazon ads, nada.
Hmm. I suspect all I have to do is click on one thing and that will take care of it ... ;)

tiredmommy

As far as I know Cheryl only uses Ads by Google on this site, they match the site colors and are text only. Check your computer for any new programs installed since you last logged on. My system had picked up a helper.sig and a helper.dll that was adware a while back. I bet that's what has happened with you.

R

runawaybunny

I hate pop up ads and the super animated obnoxious ads... we don't use them here.

It sounds to me like your computer has picked up some kind of adware or malware. I use the free versions of the following programs to protect our home computers. You may find them helpful:

Microsoft's Windows Defender
Ad Aware
Spybot Search and Destroy