Our New Zeland Sister Is Getting Married

Star*

call 911........call 911
Please help me in congratulating Janie on her upcoming nuptuals this weekend.
She has found her soul mate, her love, the other half of her heart. She and her beau have planned a lovely ceremony up the coast from her beach home at a rose garden. Then the honeymoon in a place planned I can't pronounce. :D

Congratulations Our little Fern Leaf!

Love you!!!! Wish I could be there with you. (allergic to boquets don't you know)
Can't wait to hear from you!

janie

New Zealand
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.
We are getting married in a rose garden about half an hours drive from my place. Then a small reception nearby.
The weather forecast is brilliant - so all should go well.
Just in case anyone wonders what I am wearing - it is not a normal bridal dress - I am 47 - and although this is my first wedding - I have chosen to wear a soft 3 piece "suit" ... fitted skirt, simple top, and a tailored jacket - all made of the same fabric. I am not used to wearing "elegant clothes" ... so this is a first for me! .... But I have lost 45 kg during the past 13 months - and now feel a bit more confident to wear something "dressy" :)
I am trying not to think about the fact that there are going to be so many people looking at me tomorrow - I prefer to be the one in the background "doing stuff" not the one who is being photographed! :)
I will try to post some photos on here next week.
It is 10.30 p.m. NZ time - so I really should get off to sleep.
I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.
Bye from an engaged Janie - next time I post I will be a married Janie :)
x

janie

New Zealand
P.S.
The honeymoon will be during the middle of March in RAROTONGA .... gorgeous tropical paradise .... just google it and take a look :)

Marguerite

Raratonga looks lovely. It should be pleasantly warm in March, too. But nowhere will be too far from a lovely sea breeze.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. You will soon forget the cameras. And it will all go incredibly quickly.

Congratulations!

Marg

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Congratulations! What color is the skirt suit you are wearing? Are you still going with the traditional white/pale cream colors, or something livelier?