Our winter storm warning has been cancelled

F

flutterbee

It's now a BLIZZARD warning! Until 4pm Saturday!!! Lisa, are you getting the same thing where you are?

[FONT=Courier,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT
UNTIL 4 PM EST SATURDAY
Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Wilmington OH 325 PM EST Fri Mar 7 2008

... Extreme Winter Weather Conditions Expected Through Saturday Afternoon...

.A Major Winter Storm Will Continue To Affect The Ohio Valley Overnight Into Saturday. This Storm Will Hit As A One Two Punch. The Initial Punch Today... Followed By A Brief Lull IN The Snow Intensity This Evening... Before Picking Up IN Intensity Again Overnight When Strong Low Pressure Will Combine With An Upper Level Disturbance To Bring A Second Round Of Heavy Snow To The Region. Winds Will Gust Up To 40 Mph At Times Overnight... These Winds Combined With Snow And Blowing Snow Will Cause Extreme Winter Weather Conditions.

Franklin IN-Ripley-Dearborn-Ohio-Switzerland-Carroll-Gallatin- Boone-Kenton-Campbell-Owen-Grant-Pendleton-Bracken-Robertson- Mason-Hardin-Shelby-Logan-Union OH-Delaware-Miami-Champaign-Clark- Madison-Franklin OH-Licking-Preble-Montgomery-Greene-Fayette OH- Pickaway-Fairfield-Butler-Warren-Clinton-Ross-Hamilton-Clermont- Brown-Highland-Pike- Including The Cities Of... Brookville... Versailles... Lawrenceburg... Rising Sun... Vevay... Carrollton... Warsaw... Burlington... Independence... Alexandria... Owenton... Williamstown... Falmouth... Brooksville... Mount Olivet... Maysville... Kenton... Sidney... Bellefontaine... Marysville... Delaware... Piqua... Urbana... Springfield... London... Columbus... Newark... Eaton... Dayton... Xenia... Washington Court House... Circleville... Lancaster... Hamilton... Lebanon... Wilmington... Chillicothe... Cincinnati... Milford... Georgetown... Hillsboro... Piketon 325 PM EST Fri Mar 7 2008

... Blizzard Warning IN Effect Until 4 PM EST Saturday... ... Winter Storm Warning Is Cancelled...

The National Weather Service IN Wilmington Has Issued A Blizzard Warning... Which Is IN Effect Until 4 PM EST Saturday. The Winter Storm Warning Has Been Cancelled.

A Major Winter Storm Will Continue To Affect The Ohio Valley Overnight Into Saturday. This Storm Will Hit As A One Two Punch. The Initial Punch Today... Followed By A Brief Lull IN The Snow Intensity This Evening... Before Picking Up IN Intensity Again Overnight When Strong Low Pressure Will Combine With An Upper Level Disturbance To Bring A Second Round Of Heavy Snow To The Region. Winds Will Gust Up To 40 Mph At Times Overnight. Before The Storm Ends Saturday Afternoon... You Can Expect 10 To 15 Inches Of Accumulation. The Strong Winds Combined With Snow And Blowing Snow Will Cause Extreme Winter Weather Conditions. The Snow And Blowing Snow Will Reduce Visibilities To Near Zero At Times Causing Whiteout... And Blizzard Conditions.

Do Not Travel Unless Absolutely Necessary. Conditions Can Deteriorate Rapidly IN Blizzard Conditions.

Remember... A Blizzard Warning Means Severe Winter Weather Conditions Are Imminent Or Highly Likely.
[/FONT]

Bulletin Issued: 3:25PM EST, Friday Mar 7, 2008
Bulletin Expired: 11:30PM EST, Friday Mar 7, 2008

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Are you kidding??? We already have almost 5 inches and it's still coming down hard.

Yep. We have the same forecast. Blizzard. Clinton county is on level two snow emergency. Our stupid county still hasn't put us on one yet. (doesn't surprise me)

Our area is supposed to get at least 10 to 15 inches. And believe me, I don't like that "at least" part. And that was due to the fact we were supposed to have some freezing rain in with it for awhile. Sherriff is reporting our roads as trecherous, not simply hazardous. Snow and ICE and blowing and drifing snow! So I'm trying to figure out why sherriff hasn't declared an emergency yet??? (won't be voting for him next time)

easy child only made it home from school in Dayton a short while ago. Took her almost 3 hrs! (normally an hour trip) She said the roads and highways are horrid. And now she has to attempt to get to work back in Clinton county. Knowing she's gonna end up stuck there.

Since sister in law works at cincy airport if he goes, if he can go (roads are already really bad on his route), he knows he won't be coming home in the morning. They make the mechanics stay over til the next shift makes it in.

We're down in Highland county. Which one are you in? Aren't you up north of us?

F

flutterbee

Yep. We're in Delaware County. We've gotten at least 5 inches maybe more. We didn't seem to get any ice, though, just snow. I was just out and the roads aren't horrible.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I am in Montgomery County and we are getting the blizzard statement too. I went to the grocery after work and don't plan on going back out until Monday.

F

flutterbee

I got interrupted and hit submit before I meant to.

I'm thinking we have gotten around 5 inches already, but it's hard to tell with the drifting. I have places where I can see patches of grass and other places where it's at least 7-8 inches deep. And there's really cool swirl patterns in the snow. The wind is just whipping from every direction.

I hope sister in law makes it to work ok.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
On the porch we have 6 inches. I'm looking there cuz the wind can't really reach it much. Just took the puppy out to potty and we've got drifts in the front yard of about 8 inches. Which puppy, who is still a bit scared of snow, was less than happy with. lol

Our roads are icey under the snow because of freezing rain that fell with the heavy snow a few hours ago. husband went out for batteries and said roads are pretty darn bad. He opted for paying more for the batteries rather than drive all the way to wallie world.

But I think we're all snow now.

boyfriend is attempting to bring Nichole and the baby home because the baby's medications for her ear infection are here. Thankfully he doesn't live far away.

sister in law called off work. easy child had no choice, so is making the attempt in her Jeep. She loaded up with back with emergency food and supplies and flares just in case. She works in a rural hospital. Most employees live out of town. Those without 4 wheel drive probably won't make it in, so she'll probably be staying even after her shift is over.

But she told me if it's too bad, she's turning around and coming back home. She's supposed to call me when she gets there.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hopefully none of you have to go out. I have family in Chillicothe and Washington Court House. My unlce lives in Chilli and was getting ready to head to work in WCH when I talked to him. I can't believe they haven't called off yet but he says they won't till there's a snow emergency and the roads are impassable. Fortunately one of his sons lives in WCH so he may hunker down there if he has to. I talked to him around 5:45 or so and at that time he said it wasn't snowing but there was already about 4-5 inches there in Chillicothe.

Stay warm and safe!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child made it to work.

She said it was sort of weird. Parts of the highway were fine, others so slick and snow covered (drifts over a foot!) that only single cars could pass thru at a time going really slow. Many other roads completely undriveable.

I'm just glad she made it safe.