Over the top drama

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child had a great day at camp, came to school with husband and me for our Spanish class (he ate and watched tv in husband's classroom) where he was fine. All the way home he had a great conversation with the lady he used to go to respite at. Then we got home...

He wasn't in the house two minutes before he and easy child/difficult child were in an argument (mostly started and continued by difficult child). Next thing I know he is calling her a sl*t and then I am trying to get him to his room for a break. easy child/difficult child remained fairly calm. difficult child started asking for a knife so he could stab her (more talk than anything--I really wasn't worried he would do anything). Then he said he wanted her to stab him so he could die and she could go to jail. He said he would be willing to sacrifice himself so she could go to jail. Of course, by that point easy child/difficult child had to chime in that she would make it look like a suicide so she wouldn't go to jail. Argh!!!

husband took easy child/difficult child to the grocery store and I drew a bubble bath for difficult child so he could relax some.

Just another day in the life at the Wiped Out house. Just seemed so strange that he was having such a good day and then lost it.

T

TeDo

Oh that sounds sooooo familiar. Glad you and husband teamed up to deal with it. Kudos to you both.

Steely

Wow....so many hugs....i still can't understand why these kids do these total 180s.....if they could at least give us a 2 hour notice so that we could get our arsenal in place before their artillery hits - it would seem only fair. :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks ladies! He didn't calm down much after that but enough to leave easy child/difficult child alone so that was a good thing.

Linda-YEP-you got it right:rofl:

InsaneCdn

if they could at least give us a 2 hour notice so that we could get our arsenal in place before their artillery hits - it would seem only fair.

Steely -

2 hour notice?
:tinfoilhatsmile:

I'd be happy to get 2 minutes notice! Like, just enough warning that I can actually be paying attention and not get caught off guard.

But, of course, we don't even get that.