Pain

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The pain popped up out of nowhere this afternoon. Upper right quadrant, under ribs just below the breast. It's a pain I've felt before years and years ago although not as bad as it's been today.

Last time was more than 20 yrs ago and doctor thought it was gall bladder. Gall bladder was removed, pain remained. Turned out to be that my kidney was 3 times it's normal size due to blockage. The following 3 months was a nitemare. Literally.

So the pain is there. I have no gall bladder. Wavers from being annoying as hades to downright severe enough to double me over. When I lay down......I have no choice but to lay on the side that hurts.....I feel like I'm laying with a basket ball under my ribs.:faint:

I keep waiting for it to go away. No other real symptoms except a twinge now and again in the kidney itself which is not out of the norm for me.

No chance of a pulled muscle. Pain started as I was on the computer earlier today (before noon).

If it doesn't stop I will get my fanny into a doctor. But I just can't figure out what the heck it is. And of course it just has to happen on a weekend when most doctor offices are closed. I dread the ER cuz the wait is still up to 12 hrs.

I'm watching Brandon tonight and easy child was alarmed when she saw me in obvious pain. Her first thought was referred pain of heart attack, but the pain is a bit too far over to the right (my right) for that. And frankly it doesn't feel anything like that.

by the way it's not making watching a 3 month old very easy. :( I can't wait for easy child and sister in law to get back.

Andy

:doctor: Any Saturday morning clinics around?

What self help suggestions were you given when you did have the kidney problems? Will soaking in a warm tub help? A heating pad?

Is that where the appendics is?

How long will easy child be gone?

How is Brandon doing? Is he being helpful? Go ahead and make faces because of the pain. He will not know it is because you are in pain but will just think it is a funny game. Then he will laugh and then you might laugh and it may hurt to laugh? (just though he doesn't imitate you at home).

Lothlorien

I had pain in the same place you are describing after being catheterized after Missy's birth for an emergency surgery. They thought gallbladder too, but it turned out to be a urinary tract infection. If it is that severe, go to the ER. If not, then go to doctor/clinic in the am.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If it's still hurting in the morning I'll probably go to urgent care. *shudders at the cost*

I won't wait too long.

Not appendix. That was removed with the gall bladder.

Seriously. No one wishes to see my road map abdomen in a 2 piece swim suit. I've got that many scars.

I did ok with the baby. He mostly played on a blanket on the floor. Such an easy baby thank goodness.

If it's the kidney there is not much I can do to ease the pain until I get to the doctor except tylenol. Can't take motrin or ibuprofen cuz both make me violently ill. (figures) I'm too chicken to try a heating pad cuz last time I did that........the result was an even more severe infection and more pain.

Just keep a good thought this is not the kidney. If it is blocked.......like it was the last time I had this pain....I may not be able to finish the quarter at school. Last time I spent 6 months with a nephrostomy tube hanging out of my back and underwent 3 major surgeries.

Lord, I don't want to go thru that again. I'm taking the tylenol now and off to bed to attempt to sleep. If I wake up with it, or it gets worse I'm headed for a doctor.

everywoman

Daisy, I hope that you've just strained something and it is not your kidney again. Hope you feel better in the morning.

Lisa, go to the ER even if the wait is 12 hours. There will be more diagnostic things they can do there vs the dr. office. Praying it's nothing serious. ((hugs))

DammitJanet

Well I hope you are feeling some better by now. However, you have just answered a question that has been bugging me for years. I have wondered what else the pain could be in that area other than gall bladder.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hope you're feeling better by now Lisa. Sending hugs and healing thoughts. If you're still in pain, get yourself to an ER. I hate going too, the wait, the cost, ugh, but sometimes you just have to. Hugs~

flutterby

Fly away!
I would go to an ER over urgent care, too. Chances are, once you tell an urgent care doctor your diagnosis that s/he can't even pronounce, s/he'll send you there anyway for tests. Take your medical records with you.

Don't wait. Please. And keep us posted. Have Nichole keep us posted if you are unable.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I didn't make it to the ER yet and stupid urgent care was closed.:mad:

Pain isn't gone dammit. (I was hoping it would be) Actually is worse. So looks like I'll be headed out tomorrow. I'll go up to easy child's hospital. Ours hoovers major.

I'm still up because I'm miserable. The more I drink, the worse it is......and of course it's been hot.....so.......:faint:

Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go. I promised easy child. But I'm feeling very gfgish about it. I do not want to be admitted darn it to heck. I've got finals coming up soon.

Why does the timing seem to hit right at the end of the frimping quarter??:ashamed:

I promise. If I'm still in pain in the morning I'll head out. (it doesn't look as if it's going to stop on it's own at this poitn) I won't go in the middle of the night because the docs stink, so does no good. But I've got to set a good example for Nichole. She's back in pain herself to the point of nausea.......but she has a urologist appointment monday anyway.

Sorry I haven't updated until now. Been staying down all day in hopes it would quit. Then some nasty storms and tornadoes hit the area this evening. easy child, Nichole, and the grands spent most of the evening in the basement.

At this point, I'm fairly sure it is the kidney and it's blocked. D@mn and double d@mn! This is the last thing I need. And since my right kidney is acutally 3 inches lower due to previous surgery......that it's causing this type of pain is really bad.:(

Hold good thoughts, utter some prayers. I'll give you an update when I can or Nichole or easy child will.....if God forbid I wind up in hospital.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Why does the timing seem to hit right at the end of the frimping quarter??:ashamed:

Maybe you are trying to do to much each quarter? Just a thought.

How far is the hospital you want to go to? I think you should plan to get there by early morning... say 6am. It will take them at least an hour to get you admitted. Once you figure out what's going on, then maybe you can email or call your profs and work out some arrangement for your end-of-quarter work/exams/etc.

But really, your kidney(s) are far more important than any class you're taking.

Will husband drive you? I hope you don't try to get there by yourself!

Sending up prayers that this isn't too serious...