Pain

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The hospital is approximately 25 miles away. husband will drive me. No way would I risk driving that far. If husband wouldn't then easy child or Nichole would.

If I have to be admitted I'll have to figure out something with the professors. Art professor is a nice guy and would probably give me an incomplete and let me make it up when I got out. The thought of having to retake micro is enough to make me run screaming into the hills. lol But if I have to then I'll have to.

I'll try to hit early morning. Doesn't look like I'll be doing alot of sleeping tonight anyway. The left kidney has decided not to feel left out. It kicked up about an hour ago, and we won't discuss the bladder spasms. :faint:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
HOW ARE YOU? I was thinking hernia at first but if it is on both side now, hmmm.

Please tell us you went. If anyone else on the board talks to Lisa et us know please.

I hope you went and are in less pain. Things will get taken care of, you need to take care if yourself. Dang it!

susiestar

Roll With It
Have you seen a doctor yet? You are in my prayers.

PLEASE do NOT worry about school. focus on getting better. The professors/instructors will ALL accommodate you. Even ones who aren't as nice generally will help in this kind of situation. There should also be a university policy about this kind of thing. Just let the profs know as soon as you can, even if it is just that you are in the hospital and will miss Monday and let them know as soon as you can how long you will be down.

I am so sorry you are sick. I hope Nichole is ok.

TerryJ2

Lisa, I'm late to this thread but I wanted to send healing, pain-free thoughts. I am so sorry for what you're going through. The fact that extra water makes it worse makes me think your guess of kidney may be correct.
I've got my fingers crossed that it's "just" an infection that can be cleared up with-antibiotics, and that you can finish up your classes and get that all overwith.

Good luck!!!

:bath:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Went to ER. doctor says horrid infection and gave me antibiotics. But he didn't order anything to check for blockage. Instead I kept getting his best stupid look. Tried to explain to Dr Idiot that often both go together. Don't ask me why it does....it just does. At least with me anyways. Still got the stupid look.

Docs have become so specialized they "forget" anything other than basic knowledge outside their field of expertise, I swear. After the go around with the doctor I just wanted out of there.....all that time, forget it. I'd have better luck with the urologist.

So at least I have antibiotics and I'll give the urologist a call tomorrow or have Nichole make me an appointment while she's there. But I'll most likely do it to make sure it gets done.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Didn't sleep last night, headed off to ER early and sat there forever....came home and crashed for awhile. Then had to get on homework for tomorrow.

Obviously I didn't hit the time of day when the doctor with a brain was there. *sigh* This is why I hate ERs.

Pain is still there but I can stand it as long as I don't move around too much.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. At least I didn't get admitted.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, just the same, you should probably follow up with your urologist in the morning just to make sure there's nothing complicating the infection (like what the heck brought it on in the first place?)...

Hope your pain is improving!

klmno

Sorry I'm so late to this- I hope you are feeling better and am glad to hear you're still going to go to a dr. Maybe starting the antibiotics will give a little jump to helping it.

flutterby

Fly away!
It's so frustrating, Lisa. You remember my ordeal from a couple of months ago. By the time I got my kidney infection diagnosis'd, it was severe, even though I kept telling them that's what it was. But, they had to keep checking for an intestinal blockage. :rolleyes: Totally disregard my history, just like they did you.

Call the urologist first thing. If you have another blockage, you want this taken care of ASAP.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad you went and have some antibiotics but that dr. sounds irresponsible! I hope you get in to see the urologist today. Hugs.