Pam's Pity Party & board circle of support

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe I should have called this Dish, Drink & Depression?

I am throwing a major pity party - and a board wide circle of support for everyone!! We have had magic carpet rides, fantasy islands, Christmas homes that exist only in my mind - and baby showers, wedding showers - but I can't remember ever THROWING a party specifically designed for Pity.

So Woe is me - I would like to open up the hosting tonight - and invite anyone who wants to come named or anonymous (hey you figure out how to do that I'm throwing the thing) and come one come all - and just say hello to our guest of Honor -

Pam -

Today's Pam is sad. Her difficult child's behaviors are overwhelming her and she is angry, terse, and could possibly seek revenge. Please welcome yourself into the pot (the pity pot) and let Pam know she is not alone - Bring a dish, a drink and a reason you should be admitted into the pot.

Dish: Green Bean Casserole
Drink: Tequila Gold (no lime, no ice, no salt)
Reason for admission: OMG are you kidding me - you know Dude! esch!

Actually I should have been admitted to pity party for bringing green bean casserole - lol. But THAT is why I am brining the tequila - lol

NEXT:??????? RAOUL GET YOUR TANNED SELF DOWN HERE PRONTO TONTO!

VickiL

Hi Pam, and Star!

Here goes:

Dish: Buffalo Wings (homemade)
Drink: Knob Lick Whiskey
Reason for admission: Justin, Ashley and Kyla are moving to CA a week from today. Good for them, sad, sad for Grandma here :(
Pam, you are not alone whatsoever!!! And Star, I happen to LOVE green bean casserole (and tequila)

M

ML

Hi Star and Hi Pam. Thanks for inviting me to the party. My ticket consists of a daily grind of expectations and exhaustion from trying to meet them. I have no one to help carry the burden and have lost family support over the years with the passing of loved ones and life changes that have left me carrying the burden alone.

I will bring nachos and chocolate. Star, have you brought enough tequilla for everyone or should i pick up another case?

this is gonna be so much fun.

I love you guys,

VickiL

I will pick up some more tequila when I get the whiskey:):)

It's about time we had a party for pity...you are so wise Starb!!

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Hello Pity Party!

Food: Cheesecake with caramel topping
drink: Chocolate martini's (I feel like being fancy)
Reason for jumping in the pot: my husband refuses to acknowledge that we are going to get divorced. He keeps asking why I am being so difficult about fixing our marriage!! I so need to get the paperwork and file!

Cheesecake, chocolate and drinks....mmmmmmm

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

Dish: spinach and crab cheese dip with toasted pita triangles for scooping
Drink: Rye-and-ginger-ale, a Canadian specialty
Reason: I'm so tired of being the strong one, the one in charge, the one everyone looks to for solutions when inside my head I feel like I'm just making stuff up.

When I'm getting the rye, I will also pick up some more Tequila, just in case.

What a wonderful idea, Star.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh FINALLY!!!! A Paaaaaaaaaaarty!!!! wheeeee!!!

Dish: Chocolate fountain with everything imaginable to dip
Drink: Frozen Toddy's
Reason: difficult child turned 18 all of 6 days ago and ever since then I've heard nothing but "I'm 18, I can do this now" in a snotty but matter of fact tone, my sister is in Florida for Spring Break and I'm not, my dog is old and arthritic and I've been looking for a full time job for months and still nothing.

Hmmmm........maybe I should make an extra batch of the drink for all of that. Do we still need more to-kill-ya?

Where's Raoul??? I REALLY need a good massage.

:beach:

trinityroyal

Oh...and Pam requested an Ice Cream Cake, so I will stop in at the Dairy Queen and pick one up when I'm getting the rye and tequila.

Woo Hoo!

While you're looking for Raoul, how about if I track down some music.
Toby Keith?
Trace Adkins?
Aerosmith?

Any requests?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Completely spaced the music! Thanks! Aerosmith is good.....if you're getting country how about some Big & Rich (That John is just too cute!), 3 Doors Down, that new song by Def Leppard featuring Tim McGraw, Queen..........ooh and some Janice Joplin!

:singer: :musicdance:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so there.

I have a bottle of Patrone my husband got me for Christmas a couple years ago, this is a good time to break it out.

I'll bring corn casserole and snicker cake and a pork loin.

And why? I've about had it with husband. I'm trying to get the camper roof sealed so we can go camping this weekend. Tomorrow is difficult child's BT appointment, my pre-op, and I have to take his transmission to the shop so we can get the new one. What did HE do tonight? Tinkered with trying to fashion a hitch for the back of the camper. Why? Cause it might be nice to have sometime. :furious:
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

klmno

Lord, I hope I'm invited. Star and Pam, this is a great idea and we are going to blow some steam- I just feel it!

:bravo:

I'll bring a mexican chicken casserole or meatballs with- sauce- take your pick. Drink: Regualr old cold beer. (I can't handle the hard stuff.)

Just cause: The school that I've been telling for at least three weeks that the way they are handling things (or should I say, not handling things), is going to trigger difficult child, the fact that then difficult child went out and broke the law again- already on probation with two felonies on deferment and many months on suspended sentence when he has done well since last May (3 years in a row we've had the same situation), well, whoever has been reading my posts knows the stories.

:why::2dissapointed:

Star, I plan to answer your post in General- I've had to spend time with difficult child and homework tonight, so not much time right now.

And now that I give this more serious thought, we really could all have a worthwhile time if we all found a way to have a vacation together- how can we do that??

:thumbsup::hawaii_girl:

slsh

member since 1999
Food: Chocolate cake with fudge chocolate icing (hips be darned).
Drink: Scotch, straight up.
Reason: Same as Star's, just exchange thank you for Dude.
Music: This evening's musical offerings have been Dave Matthews Band, Nickelback, Pink, and Nellie Furtado - I am now wearing my MP3 whenever I'm not working - makes hearing phone difficult (a good thing).

I request a venue that is warm, sunny, and has an ocean. Winter just needs to be *so* over. I think white sand and comfy recliners so I can work on more wrinkles and sunspots is just what the doctor ordered. Plus, enough sun will bleach the hair, thereby hiding the gray (it's a theory anyway).

Pam, hon (and other woe-is-me'ers this evening), being a parent to a difficult child is like the marathon from Hades. The cards are stacked - our kids get Energizer Bunny batteries and I think we get those lousy rechargeable ones that last a split second before they have to be charged again. I've been pondering this past week what would happen if I just waived the flag and cried "uncle"... but I think perhaps in the grand scheme of things we *are* parents of difficult children because we don't give up.

Off to find my bikini, my fork, and my tumbler in preparation of one heck of a Pity Party. Starbie - you have the *best* ideas!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SOOOOO HERE!!!!

I just LOOOOVE our parties.

I have a totally FAB ice cream cake and a ham (it was on sale!)

Drink: A case of Maker's Mark Boubon!! (I am a Maker's Mark Ambassador - they even sent me a seal and sealing wax!!)

Why? husband sent me to a town 80 miles away WITHOUT telling me the check engine light was on. He just didn't feel like dealing with it. ARRRGGGGGHHHHH! Last time he did this it destroyed the car. difficult child is doing well, but thank you is driving us nuts - Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) stuff. Jess is having cramps and moodiness, and she has injured the same knee at soccer the last 4 practices!!!!! She is WHINING!

And, my hands are numb. No reason, they just want to freak me out. Arg!

Susie

mstang67chic

Going Green
And now that I give this more serious thought, we really could all have a worthwhile time if we all found a way to have a vacation together- how can we do that??

:thumbsup::hawaii_girl:

That's easy! Pick a place (Outer Banks in the Carolina's for instance) that rents out those huge houses. Get enough people in the mix and it's pretty cheap for a week. I looooooove to plan stuff...want to?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
All jokes aside, I would love to meet this group. I was so jealous back when Timer had a yurt reserved and I wasn't going to be able to go!

Wiped Out

Staff member
A pity party is just what I need.

Drink: Margaritas and/or wine

Dish: Enchiladas

Reason: I'm tired, difficult child is coming home tomorrow from the psychiatric hospital and I don't think he is ready and it's time to be planning for next year at school (classroom set ups, etc...) and that always gives me a headache!

klmno

We are renting a cabin at a campground on the beach in NC for spring break- believe it or not, they are still letting difficult child go on a short vacation.

Anyone care to join? difficult child or not- mine would appreciate meeting someone he has something in common with- bad or good!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh I am so there

Food: Steaks, baked potatoes with- all the fixens and corn on the cob (can you tell I am ready for the grilling season).
Drink: Blackberry Merlot
Music: Billy Joel, Billy Idol, Billy Squier any ole Billy will do.
My reason: Battling the system for the umpteenth day in a row. Having more knowledge than most people with degrees in this stuff and being treated like an idiot.

Glad to know I am not alone.

Beth

meowbunny

Oh, yes, definitely needed here.

Drink: Jamaican rum -- 2 bottles

Food: Marinated mushrooms

Reason: What can go wrong right now will. No job, no money. Daughter is being a complete and total B.R.A.T. Dog has really bad bone spurs and probably won't last another year and I've had him since he was a baby. Crud, I'm crying again.

Music: I have Janis, will add some Eagles, some good hip hop and rap so you guys can appreciate some of the good stuff, some Lou Rawls when we're down in our cups. Shout out if you want something specific. I only have about 500 cds and about as many albums (all taped).

VickiL

Adding some Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, more Nickelback, some Brad Paisley, Trisha Yearwood, Stevie Ray Vaughn and just for good measure, some Beatles (varied enough???) ... and somebody please tell me when did the music I love and grew up with (70-80's rock, etc) start playing on our OLDIES station here in St. Louis???? I AM NOT OLD!!!!!!

Sorry, got off on a tanget...:)