Pam's Pity Party & board circle of support

DammitJanet

Hey...did I hear party?

Im here with bells on. Have no idea what to bring...maybe bacon wrapped scallops? Someone is already bringing the tequila so Im good!

I will provide some Carrie Underwood, Jason Micheal Carroll and Jason Matthews for entertainment.

Why would I be there? Good lord above...we ALL know Cory!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Heck yeah I am there..... and I have more than enough reasons to be invited!!!!

Dish~ I make mean desserts... lets see... any kind of coffee cake...Lemon Blueberry pound cake, homemade gelato!!! Coffee flavored... MMMM
Thai Sate... with peanut sauce and sticky rice... and fresh Edamame!!! Just in case we actually want to eat!!!

Drink~ WINE... Pinot Noirs, Syrahs, Zins... I will raid the in-laws wine cellar on the way!!!
One of my favorite other drinks for cold nights is a Blueberry Tea~. Make your tea (Orange Pekoe or any kind that you love)... Grand Marnier and Amaretto, add your liquor... ENJOY
This drink is SOOOO good....

Let the pity party begin...
Wait we won't even know what we are upset about by the time we are all together...
HHHMMM who would I want to be there???
I am kind of a geek... maybe Justin Bateman from Arrested Development!!! Love it!!!
Next....

Sam

I am brand new to this site, and I apologize if I am not following the proper protocol or if I am posting in the wrong forum. If I am, please advise me how to proceed.

I am looking for some insights on how to advise my sister with her son, who we all believe has ODD. He's an exceptionally bright boy, but he is also exceptionally defiant and getting violent. Lately, he has had rage episodes every few weeks, severe enough that the police have been called on two occasions and he's been hospitalized.

The problem is, his mother -- my sister -- doesn't see the severity of his behavior. She makes excuses for it or pretends it's not as bad as it is. She is completely resistant to any suggestions from her family and friends. Meanwhile, she and her son are increasingly isolated (she's divorced), living under constant stress. She worries that she won't be able to keep her job, that managing her son's behavior will become a full-time job. Yet she won't accept help or advice.

I'm not a parent, so I'm in no position to tell my sister what to do. She loves her son and would do anything for him. But nothing is working. Any advice on how to help her would be much appreciated.

[From Lothlorien: Sam, I copied this and put this over in the General Forum. Look for the responses therehttp://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136161#post136161

KTMom91

Drink: more tequila.
Dish: those cute little quiches and/or mini pigs in blankets.
Reason: Miss KT

Music selections sound great, hope there are others who like to dance!

I would love to meet everybody...I'm so far away from most of you, but we do have an airport!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
How about what I don't bring - The Tweedles! :rofl:

Okay, I'm bringing the fixings for Gin Blossoms. I'll whip up some crab & artichoke dip along with homemade tortilla chips. Dessert - hmmm, I'm thinking chocolate eclair (sp?) torte & a raspberry meringue torte.

Like Sue, I vote for someplace warm with lots of service. Spas, massages, music, hot tubs & time to laugh & play.

Oh - the reason I'm here. :rofl::rofl::dont_know::clubbing::crazy2: Will that do????

wakeupcall

You guys are so supportive I think I'm going to cry. Here I am at 5:00 AM and my husband can't figure out what I'm dying laughing about. You are doing my soul soooo much good.

I'll be back after a quiet soak in a hot tub (difficult child is still sleeping)....and I need to think what I can bring (it's difficult to think around here).

SaraT

I want to come too.

Drink: Peach Schnapps

Food: Chili Cheese dip and chips

Reason: Little B, school, and Buddy.(Sick furbaby)

Music: You forgot Metallica, and I do have the Eagles to bring along with Pink Floyd.

mom23gsfg

sam= im sorry about ur nephew . yeh i had trouble when first logging in but youll get the hang of it . what u have done is answered a thread when what u need to do is start a new thread in maybe ....general? so one of the moderators will probly need to move this for u to its own question area. also maybe make up your signature. let us know the problems he is having ,ect. and has he ever been diagnosed by a doctor? or therapist? good luck and welcome abroad.

moderator=can we get a little help here for sam?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii gosshhhhhhh a bukitt ahhhhhhh
Taaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeewhhhhhhheeeeeelaaaaaaaa
And (lhaa ahahaha )
a leetle bitty eklair dippt it in peanut thai sausssssssseeeeee
And I'm knee dddddddepaahhhhh in country line dancing to the Scorpions -

Lyfe isssh goot!

Ahhhhhh haaaaaaaaaa

-Whoopie - :tongue:

mom23gsfg

DRINK: JIM AND COKE and BACCARDI (the only kind of beer i can stand the taste of )

and ooh how bout some shrimp cocktail? and maybe one of my desserts .... maybe the bomb? (made with- pudding,cake,coolwhip, and crunch bars) and some lobster mmmm

KTMom91= i hope we're not the only ones that like to :dance:

reason = lets see here ...there's too many to count.... one difficult child that has me wanting to scrub his mouth out with soap every 2 minutes and is in a constant battle with everyone :clubbing:
another difficult child=she is making me a grandma very early and has married a drug addict that wont do anything but text her all day and if she doesnt answer her phone he panics (this is why he cant work ..he cant keep up with her every move working ..sounds too much like my ex )
anther sometimes sweet girl that is getting a very smartmouth and possible difficult child
a step difficult child= that is also living with another drug addict .. that only calls when she needs something :please:
lastly =a husband that doesnt believe any of them that need any help other than a good old fashoined spanking ,that tries to put down every move i make to get help for any of them (like counselors and ect.) and is quite a few other things that i cannot say on here

so excuse me if i want to stay for maybe the next ....few years :rofl:

4sumrzn

Is this a 24 hour party?????? If not...I missed it & you all have filled your bellies, thrown back all of the drinks, danced the night away already & probably working on recovering because it sure sounds like a FUN party!!!!:wine::morecrackers::hawaii_girl:

Let me know if you have another one!!!!!

TerryJ2

Oh, gosh, I'm fashionably late.
Would Raoul show up at a yurt?
Anyway, I'll bring more margaritas. My husband bought me a margarita slurpee machine for my 50th birthday and I've never used it.
I made white chicken chili last night and it smells really good. Here are some dark chocolate Dove Easter eggs, too.

So, last wk, in the throes of my flu, when husband had been bringing home salads from the grocery store and popcicles, I finally got my appetite back and called him to pick me up a salad on the way home. His answer: "I'm tired and I don't feel like it." Say WHAT? I'm STILL having a pity party over that one.

My elderly cousin in NYC fell and I called 911 and got her into the hospital. One day her pain medications wore off and I called the hospital to check on her and she was hysterical in pain. I dealt with-that in the middle of congestion, swollen glands and a major headache and fatigue. She's been transferred to a rehab facility and I've been frantically sending in for brochures and prices for local nursing homes to get her from NY to VA, thinking she's dirt poor and on Medicare, and last night she told me she has several CDs saved up ... ARgh! Okay, so that's good news but I wish I'd known that. She is like Aunt Clara on the old Bewitched series. She makes no sense when she talks. I have to fly up there and find out for myself.

difficult child has been sleeping a lot, but today, when I thought he'd rally and go to school, he overslept and he's still on the couch. He's GOT to go in for just an hr to build up his stamina.

easy child is having a meltdown because her grades aren't what she wants and she loves to talk about every little thing ... I know we should be grateful but when I was that age, I would never have dragged my parents into it unless the teacher lopped off one of my limbs. Lots of drama and handholding.

Does that qualify me for admission for this Pity Party?

Great idea Star! I feel better already!!!! :laugh::faint::laughing:

tiredmommy

I'm in! We had a major snow storm last weekend: nothing like being trapped in the house with a cranky husband, crankier difficult child and over 100 boxes of Girl Scout cookies awaiting delivery. My back hurts from snow removal and my IBS is flaring up. I'm desperately trying to lose a measly 10lbs before our vacation in April.
Ugh!!!!
So... I will be bringing, Carmel deLites (Samoas), Thin Mints, Shortbreads, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Thanks-A-Lots, Lemonades and Cinna-Spins. And several gallons of milk.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Drink: I will bring Mojitos' for now and Sweet Tea for later.

Food: Pulled Pork, columbian style and a souther sweet potato pie.

Reason: Because I need some time away with the ladies. Grown up ladies who like to laugh, relax and have a good time! :redface:

I vote for a warm sunny, private beach on a private island staffed with men to do all our bidding and never get tired.

F

flutterbee

Food: lasagna (I'm craving it)
Drink: Long Island Ice Tea
Reason: Health, difficult child, money, and just cause I wanna

I'm leaving the room when Metallica is played. :tongue: They play them every other song here. I'm tired of them. I will bring some Breaking Benjamin and Linkin Park. Oh..and some Skynyrd.

wakeupcall

Girls, girls, girls.....did all of you forget the promises on the Healthy Living board? The ones that ban, salt, sugar, and sanity? {Clap!!Clap!!} Everyone back to reality!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I'm bringing everyone one of those gawdy, rhinestone belts that all the cowgirls wear. Houston is having its annual rodeo right now and there are plenty of them around in various sizes that I will mark out with a magic marker. Then I'm bringing dozens and dozens of hot tamales (food, girls, food), so I'm taking orders for beef, chicken or pork. I don't like them smothered in queso, but I'll bring some for those of you who do. As for a beverage, I just tried those ummmmm {had to go look in the frig to see what they are called} Smirnoff Ice Green Apple Bite OR I can bring Apple-tinis. Yummmmmmmmmmmm, is it 5:00 somewhere?

Oh....maaaaaan, I'm so glad this party is in honor of ME. Who's the next one going to be in honor of?

PAR---TEEEEEE!!!!!! PAR------TEEEEEE!!!!!! :laughing:

wakeupcall

SOME of them are really, really expensive....$300-$800! But don't fret, that's my treat to each of you for being my friends!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Star wants it COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD -

I AM NOT A BUCKLE BUNNY!

May i have a tshirt instead?