Pantie Lines!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
How about line-drying our unmentionables?

Are you one of those shy, conservative types, that hides your laundered panties on a second line behind a string of towels?

Or are you bold like me where you proudly set-out an entire washload of panties on the line?

Due to being allergic to so many types of pollen and mold, I've never been able to wear line-dried clothing, especially underwear.

However, my husband never had any "hangups" (pun intended) about putting his skivvies out to dry.

Pink Elephant

Ummm...when I was rushed to the hospital with a bowel obstruction in 2005, they cut my clothing off of me. After all the hullaballoo was over with and I was recovering in hospital, my mother actually asked me about the state of my underwear at time of admission.

(They were not only ratty, but I had my period at the time, so they were "special" underwear.)
And I just bet no one in the emergency ward that night concerned themselves (one iota) over the state of your panties. :)

AppleCori

... in case you’re standing over a subway vent with a skirt on

That did happen to me once, sort of.

I was in my 20’s (thankfully) and walked out of a bank that was in a strip mall, so all glass windows. I had a little sun dress on, and a big Arizona wind came up and blew my skirt up and I could not get it all down at once! I had my three little kids with me, so couldnt devote all my attention to the skirt. It was SO embarrassing!

Now, of course, it would be embarrassing for a totally different set of reasons....

Pink Elephant

The only thing I remember doing (related to panties) when my kids were little, was waking in the morning and starting coffee while still dressed in panties and bra. Same went for getting my kids up from their cribs. Seldom did I dress first thing.

BusynMember

I dont hang anything, even in the warm weather. If I did, I'd be the only one around who does. But its not that I am afraid to be different and it isn't being shy. I'd rather toss everything in the dryer. It works and it's faster and it takes the wrinkles out. When it comes to household chores, I do them the easiest way I can. In fact, interesting timing. I just finished hanging the clothes after taking them out if the dryer!

If I had been inclined to hang them outside, they would have been SNOWED on!!! Yes, this is Wisconsin and it's snowing.

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

I dont hang anything, even in the warm weather. If I did, I'd be the only one around who does. But its not that I am afraid totItbe different and it isn't being shy. I'd rather toss everything in the dryer. It works and it's faster and it takes the wrinkles out. I remember my grandma had a line in her yard and hung the sheets outside but I loved her much and was close to her but did not copy her way of doing things.
Do think we are (somewhat) born with the old-fashioned frugal bug. At least it helps. :)

For me I have always loved all things old-fashioned and simple. Line-drying, traditional cloth diapers with safety pins, glass bottles, even wringer washing machines. It's in my blood. :)

Lil

And I just bet no one in the emergency ward that night concerned themselves (one iota) over the state of your panties. :)

Speaking of which, isn't it funny how women (and I guarantee I'm not the only one) go to the lady doctor and when they have you disrobe, you neatly fold your clothes and HIDE your undies under the other clothes? Like they aren't going to be seeing what those undies were covering just moments before! But hide those panties! :p

AppleCori

I did hang stuff out on the line when I lived in the central mountains of Arizona. For one thing, my laundry room was right near the back patio, so it was convenient, and we used propane which we paid for once a year in the summer (at summer prices) and needed to make it last till next summer.

I didn’t mind hanging my undies on the line back then, but for some reason they were a lot smaller than they are now, and I didn’t have any neighbors behind me, either.

But I didn’t like the feel of line-dried clothes, so I didn’t keep it up.

Now, I don’t care what people say, but it I don’t think the neighborhood I’m in now has ever seen a clothesline....

AppleCori

Speaking of which, isn't it funny how women (and I guarantee I'm not the only one) go to the lady doctor and when they have you disrobe, you neatly fold your clothes and HIDE your undies under the other clothes? Like they aren't going to be seeing what those undies were covering just moments before! But hide those panties! :p

I do that!

I also make sure I wear my best (and certainly matching) underclothes, even though they will never be seen....

Pink Elephant

I did hang stuff out on the line when I lived in the central mountains of Arizona. For one thing, my laundry room was right near the back patio, so it was convenient, and we used propane which we paid for once a year in the summer (at summer prices) and needed to make it last till next summer.

I didn’t mind hanging my undies on the line back then, but for some reason they were a lot smaller than they are now, and I didn’t have any neighbors behind me, either.

But I didn’t like the feel of line-dried clothes, so I didn’t keep it up.

Now, I don’t care what people think, but it I don’t think the neighborhood I’m in now has ever seen a clothesline....
ROFLMAO!!! You, too, huh? :)

My panties (for whatever unknown reason) grew to be much bigger, too, compared to my earlier years (before having children)! LOL!

Pink Elephant

LOL! I remember when I switched over to cloth pads, and how those homemade cloth pads, which were bulky as bulky could be, looked under a pair of white grannies. Reminded me of the diaper days in our house!

Lil

I also make sure I wear my best (and certainly matching) underclothes, even though they will never be seen....

When I was single I spent a LOT of money on undies. No 8 packs of Fruit of the Loom from Wal-Mart for me back then! And when I was a "real" lawyer, I always wore my prettiest matching bra and panty set to court. It made me feel confident.:cutie_pie:

Now that I'm older and wiser (and yes, my panties are also bigger) they're whatever panties don't ride up my butt and whatever bra fits.

Pink Elephant

When I was single I spent a LOT of money on undies. No 8 packs of Fruit of the Loom from Wal-Mart for me back then! And when I was a "real" lawyer, I always wore my prettiest matching bra and panty set to court. It made me feel confident.:cutie_pie:

Now that I'm older and wiser (and yes, my panties are also bigger) they're whatever panties don't ride up my butt and whatever bra fits.
ROFL, Lil! I'm with you! Comfort is #1! To heck with what they look like! :)

AppleCori

The confidence thing—that is what does it for me.

I love the sets.

I have a $150 gift certificate to Victoria Secret right now, that I can’t wait to use. I have to travel a ways to get to one, so haven’t used it yet. Yes, I could go online, but I want to see it in person, first.

Also, hubby is voting for lingerie instead of the sets.