Parent teacher conferences & report card

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I attended kt's parent teacher conference on Thursday....so far, the teachers are impressed with kt's academic progress & her eagerness to learn.

Her report card were all B's & C's except Home Easy Child & Study Skills which were D+s These were due to absenteeism & can make up her grades by making up the work (being done this weekend with no complaints).

The ony concerns are kt's mental health & managing mainstream, though she will be supported in that environment. kt's anxiety is interferring with her education. We've known that for a very long time & have done are best to get treatment for kt's complex PTSD (& severe Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)).

There are no behavior problems ~ all issues according to her teachers, are due to her mental health issues. I'm so glad that they are aware of that; they still hold kt accountable which is the right thing to do. However, they now have a copy of the treatment plan that therapist put together for school & are following it for the most part.

All in all, we are very proud of kt & her accomplishments ~ in & out of school.

This has been a long time coming ~ now it's onto wm.

tiredmommy

You know, Linda, it's really amazing how far kt has come just since I joined the board. I remember when she used to run constantly and even the alarm on the coffee maker would set her off. I hope she can make the next leap and have a substantial breakthrough in her mental health issues so she can continue her dramatic improvement!

Andy

Way to go KT! What a GREAT start to the school year. KT, you are doing great. I know you will reach your goals.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What a great post to read. Linda this is so nice. I know KT will always have her issues, but this shows that she does have so much potential to grow. What a wonderful young lady. You and husband should be proud, the whole team should be proud.

trinityroyal

Wow. Kt really has made good progress. I am so glad to hear that the school fully understands her issues and is being supportive of her.

What a positive post.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am truly amazed and impressed by how far kt has come. She has had such a rough time, and still works so very hard with both the school stuff AND the mental health stuff. She truly is an inspiration. I hope that you have journals or logs of her behavior and progress. I honestly think that a book about where she started with you and how she has come so far would not only be amazing to read, it would show methods that could help others. Maybe in a few years she will be ready to handle writing that. If not, she is still a great kid. Truly a Strong Smart Girl!!

Hugs to you, husband and kt. And wm. I hope he can start making progress soon. You and husband truly have moved worlds to help both kt and wm.

Susie

TerryJ2

That's wonderful, Linda, and KT. Progress is such a great thing! You should be proud (and I'm sure, relieved). :) I hope things continue on an upward course.