Parenting advice from Tommy Lee

hope2hope

I just read the best parenting advice from the most unlikely of sources....Tommy Lee....Motley Crue. In case you don't know who he is here is a photo:
images

Apparently, Tommy's center tattoo "Mayhem" is reinforced by his adult son. In the news, it was reported that his son cold-cocked him in the face and hit him so hard that Tommy was unconscious for several minutes. While he was on the floor his son "allegedly" taped and sent out a video on social media mocking his father.

A spokesman for Tommy Lee said that Tommy is going to press battery charges because....here is the sage parenting advice....

"Tommy believes that you encourage the behavior you tolerate" !!!

I've never listened to Motley Crue, don't follow Tommy Lee (or any celebrity for that matter) but this one line will not leave my head.

It makes me reflect on what behavior I am encouraging in my soon to be 21 year old son.

LauraH

He's not exactly the role model for Parent of the Year himself. No telling what his son witnessed growing up. I don't know if he abused his kids, but there were a few incidents of assaults on his mother, Pamela Lee. Obviously the son learned this behavior from his own father. I'm not sure if pressing charges will do anything but create more disharmony in the family and negative press.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Wow. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there has been lots of drug abuse in this family.

newstart

I just read the best parenting advice from the most unlikely of sources....Tommy Lee....Motley Crue. In case you don't know who he is here is a photo:
images

Apparently, Tommy's center tattoo "Mayhem" is reinforced by his adult son. In the news, it was reported that his son cold-cocked him in the face and hit him so hard that Tommy was unconscious for several minutes. While he was on the floor his son "allegedly" taped and sent out a video on social media mocking his father.

A spokesman for Tommy Lee said that Tommy is going to press battery charges because....here is the sage parenting advice....

"Tommy believes that you encourage the behavior you tolerate" !!!

I've never listened to Motley Crue, don't follow Tommy Lee (or any celebrity for that matter) but this one line will not leave my head.

It makes me reflect on what behavior I am encouraging in my soon to be 21 year old son.
hope2hope That statement from Tommy Lee that you posted hit home with me too. Thank you for posting it.

Nomad

Staff member
Super interesting. Good advice.
I think Dr Phil use to say “You teach people how to treat you.” Which is similar.