Parenting Milestone!!!

April

Ok, so we have hit a parenting milestone!!

We got our very first "I hate you" as parents. I was very excited, because it was some semblance of normal childhood reactions. This morning was rough because our son got violent and was hitting my husband. It was concerning, but nothing a good hug restraint and some soft loving words couldn't get through.

My last post I got so many uplifting and good advice. My husband and I decided that we have to focus on us individually first, then our marraige, and then everything else. All 4 of us are in therapy, and it is helping and working for 3. I guess 75% is nothing to be ashamed of right now.

We go on the 21st for a case conference. The purpose is to see about getting the proper care for our son, and ensuring that our daughter doesn't get hurt in the process. He needs help, and my husband and I don't have the knowledge/experience/ability to give him what he needs. We are hoping that they will weigh the options for our daughter as well and let us keep custody of both kids and place our son in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for around the clock care.

Pray for us!

meowbunny

Good luck. You might try pming timer lady for some advice/help on how to word things to get what you need.

And, yes, I hate you!!! is a good thing. It rates right up with the first "mommy" that is sincere and heartfelt.

Now a warning, don't be surprised that if your son starts to calm down that your daughter starts acting up. A lot of time siblings will take turns. It can certainly make things interesting. Also don't be surprised if, ultimately, you find that your daughter's issues are far graver than your son's.

Many hugs and I wish you the best in your journey.

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a great milestone-one I hit a long time ago. It still gets to me at times though I know I shouldn't let it. I'm sorry things are so rough with your son right now. Gentle hugs.