Parents beware - marijuana flavored products

Sheila

I had no idea such a thing existed. I hope all States follow Georgia's lead!

Georgia Law Bans Retailers From Selling 'Pot Candy' To Minors

POSTED: 10:26 am EDT May 7, 2008
UPDATED: 11:17 am EDT May 7, 2008

ATLANTA -- Georgia retailers soon will be banned from selling candy flavored to taste like marijuana to children.

Senator Doug Stoner pushed the bill in the senate. "I don't think that folks are aware this is going on," Stoner told Channel 2 in April. "It's mainly, from what I can tell, particularly targeted to minority communities."Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue signed a measure into law Wednesday that bans the sale of "marijuana flavored products" to minors -- anyone under 18 -- and calls for a fine of up to $500 for each offense.

The measure takes effect July 1st. It targets businesses that sell the candies with drug-inspired names such as "Kronic Kandy" and "Pot Suckers."

The law says the candies promote drug use.State Representative Judy Manning said she was shocked to receive death threats over the bill to ban the candy. "Some people think their rights are their rights," she said.

Manning said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation traced her e-mail threat to Great Britain. “You just deal with those kinds of folks and do the best you can. But it sends the wrong kind of message to kids.”

Vote Hemp, a national organization that promotes the use of hemp products and tracks legislation, says the measure would make Georgia the first state to ban the sale of the candy to minors.

trinityroyal

I am glad to see the state government is taking strong action against this.

Senator Doug Stoner pushed the bill in the senate.
I got a chuckle out of the fact that Senator Doug Stoner is against the sale of marijuana-flavoured anything.

Trinity

trinityroyal

Witz, you make a good point. I hadn't even thought about what it would taste like. Blech.

Perhaps it's like those gourmet jellybeans that come in flavours like buttered popcorn, toasted banana, peanut butter, etc. Now I love jellybeans and I love buttered popcorn. But something that feels like a jellybean but tastes like popcorn is wrong, wrong, wrong!

F

flutterbee

I couldn't get past the name Doug Stoner...couldn't stop laughing. I'll have to read the article later.

I can't imagine, though, wanting to eat something that tastes like pot. Bleck.

witzend

Trinity, did you ever buy the "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor" jelly beans? They really do have a vomit flavored one. You could eat it, but why?

trinityroyal

Eeeeew!
I have never bought Bertie Bott's Every Flavor jelly beans. It sounds like the jelly beans described in Harry Potter.

My favourite jelly beans are Jelly Belly brand. Favourites include tutti fruity, cherry, cinnamon, cotton candy, peach. Oh...and the white ones that taste a bit like Cream Soda.

It's a weird flavour-texture combination. Sweet, sugary things have to taste like fruit or candy, otherwise they just don't feel right in the mouth.

Eating vomit flavoured candy is even less appealing than eating pot flavoured candy.

DammitJanet

I got a good chuckle out of that Senators name too.

I have seen the pot flavored lollipops but only at adult stores. I kinda figured they were just novelty items like the condoms inside the lollipops or the edible underwear. I dont get why anyone would want to eat any of those things!

witzend

Bertie Botts is the Harry Potter jelly beans. You can buy them, and they have a flavor chart on the back!

JJJ

And Bernie Botts are made by Jelly Belly! You are out of excuses Trinity! You need to try them :)

We went on a Jelly Belly factory tour and they told us that the vomit flavor one was suppose to be pizza flavored but was too gross so they changed the name to vomit when they made the Harry Potter beans.

trinityroyal

:wildone::faint::nonono:Eeeeeew!

Even with the regular Jelly Belly beans, there are certain flavours I can't bring myself to eat. Pizza flavour or vomit flavour...not for me.

I like sweet stuff. I could eat an entire 2 kilo bag of sugar with a spoon. But something with a sugary texture, but a non-sweet flavour just upsets my applecart. Yuck Yuck Yuck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
:hellosoldier::bag:So UM.....JANET = WHERE did you see those POPS at??? What else did you see? huh? What else? Something for the hunky PO? :surprise:(insert whip crack noise)

One of my first jobs was working in a factory that MADE suckers - but I would have never wasted dope on a sucker. Wait....I never would have given dope to a sucker. That was saved for BROWNIES. (nods to Witz - how YOU doin'?)

I like the color - Gangha Green. lol

I DID NOT AND YOU CAN'T PROVE IT. :full: