Partner's neurologist appointment - need support

Ktllc

After talking to the pediatrician this morning, she referred him to a neurologist right away. The neurolgist's office should call me tomorrow to schedule an appointment.
Partner told last Saturday that he has tingling in his arms, legs, back and neck it has been going for about 2 weeks. He did not ahve anything when he was still in school but it started during summer camp. He can't recall falling or hurting himself. He describes it has annoying but not painful, but sometimes it makes it hard to write or color.
He had been doing a lot of arm and hand streching, but I really did not think anything of it.
He had been complaining about headaches and that was mentioned during is well child visit a couple weeks ago. This past few days, no head aches.
The tingling is always there but varies in intensity.
Out of curiosity, I made im walk on a straight line: no problem. Touch his nose alternating rigt and left hand: no problem. Same with eyes closed: no problem. Standing on one leg with eyes closed: could do it on his right leg but not on his left leg. He tried several times on his left legs but he would fall immediatly, to his surprise.
Of course, now I am getting real worried.
He is leaving for France in 2 weeks and will stay over there for a whole month... He is so looking forward to it. I pray for answers and nothing serious before then.
From what I read, tingling could come from a million different causes.
Please send some prayers our way.

T

TeDo

I really hope it turns out to be nothing. You don't need anything else on your plate and I would hate to see him miss out on a month in France. Prayers and good vibes heading your way!!

tiredmommy

Sending good thoughts and prayers that this can be resolved quickly and your little guy can get back to being a regular kid right away.

Nancy

I have no experience with this issue but wanted you to know that I am sending good thoughts that this is a temporary problem and will resolve shortly. I know it sometimes takes a while to get an appointment with a neurologist so keep pushing for that to be expedited.

Nancy

busywend

This happened to me actually. Every time I looked down I got a tingling down my legs. I was tested for all kinds of things with no result for an explanation. It eventually just went away, we chalked it up to a pinched nerve.

Sending support your way to hope they can find it before he travels. Either way, I am sure he can still enjoy his time there, but will cause more worrying for you.

Ktllc

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts. The appointment is the first week of August! GRRR. So Partner will go to France and we'll have to worry about it for over a month.
I know that my parents will be vigilant and will not hesitate to seek medical help if needed (friends and family members are doctors), but still... Poor little guy was complaining again this morning. Really not making a big deal about it, but kind of thinking out loud "hugh, it hurts" all the while streching his arms and hands.
I will keep you all posted.