Party at MY HOUSE -- who's comin' over?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband is taking ALL THREE kids to camp and fish overnight at a local reservoir tonight. I HATE going there because it's right next to two freeways and very noisy all night -- but they love it 'cuz it's well-stocked and they almost always catch something big. And easy child loves it because of the chickens that let her pick them up.

So the virtual party is ON at my place! Who's bringing what?

I'll provide some good music:cutie_pie:,:dance: we've got lots of assorted beverage choices both hard and soft :wine:

and I can fire up the barbeque :bbq:

so grab your party hat :lady:

Who's comin' over?

Sara PA

I have corn on the cob, ribs, clams, scallops and Ben & Jerry's. I can share.

ETA: Well, since mstang is bring the ice cream maker, I'll leave Ben & Jerry behind. We'll have a little threesome later.....

klmno

Count me in- I went to the store today so take your pick- tacos with- chips and dip, chicken casserole and salad, beef/vegie stir fry, or salmon on the grill with- potato casserole. difficult child just made a cake- would it be mean to bring the cake and leave him at home?

I am cyber-dancing as we speak and I'll just catch up on that laundry tomorrow!! Thank you for the Invitation!!

smallworld

Count me in. I'll bring sundae fixings -- hot fudge sauce, sprinkles, M&Ms, crushed Heath bars, whipped cream and cherries. Can you think of anything I've forgotten?

Andy

Me too!!! (I am eating a Heath bar at this moment)

I just got home from our open house, buns, a nice meat tray, potatoe salad, and punch.

Anyone have paper plates, plastic utensils and cups? (open house was at church and since I know how to use the dishwasher, we used "real" plates.) However, Tinkster may get mad if we use anything that needs to be thrown away?

sister in law and brother in law saved me from difficult child - took him to a movie while my sister and I cleaned up. Sent husband and easy child home with a ton of food and the responsibility of getting it all in our freezer and refridgerator (we had the easy job).

I'm there!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am on my way - will be there in..ummm...10 minutes or so :)

Am commin by myself - with a gallon of Midora - enough to make a lot of Martini's.. most of which I will imbibe myself ..because..
SO is out in the garage with the intention of making me new kitchen drawers - and has taken one of the old ones apart already. He only gets one drawer to work on and complete at a time. If he can't do it, I am going to make him stand in the kitchen and hold the tea towels for the rest of his life.

Marcie

F

flutterbee

I'm coming! I'll bring the tequila, vodka, rum, and sweet and sour mix for Long Islands.

But, is it ok if I just nap? :bag:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You ladies are a RIOT! I still say we plan a roadtrip to meet up one of these days...

Abbey, you are just a few hours away... and Marcie Mac, you're practically in my back yard :D

I actually spent the evening visiting my mom and her brother who's in the hospital today for kidney stones.

Mom and I went out for a cup o' tea after tucking uncle into bed and saying goodnight (her other brother and his wife showed up too).

Then I stopped by the reservoir and called husband to see how they were holding up. No fish so far :( easy child was asleep in the tent, and apparently, she has a chicken in there with her (!) husband said the owners said she could keep it (!!) So we'll see what they come home with tomorrow... My suburban menagerie may be growing.

Hope everyone had a nice time at our little pah-tay! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(Deliverly boy hands GVC mom a telegram Sun. AM)

Dear GVC (stop)

Regret that I did not make it to your party. (stop)
Know that I was there in spirit and missed the Spring event. (stop)
Have been here in Southeastern Africa close to Zimbabwae taking photos. (stop)
Having trouble making the distinction between difficult child behavior and Monkey-shines here in the jungle. THe facial expressions are incredibly similar. (stop)

Promise to make the next blow out event you have. Love CA, Miss you -
Star.
(stop)

TerryJ2

Ohh, I totally missed your party. We have a huge public park where you can go camping and, similar to yours, can hear the traffic at night. Very peaceful. NOT.

At any rate, I thought you were having a Memorial Day picnic ... we are having one tomorrow afternoon. We've spent 3 days cleaning, and I totally faux finished the LR under the chair rail (husband loves it when there's a deadline like this because I actually finish projects). He cleaned the entire screened-in porch with-bleach (the yucky cobweb stuff), I tore out a million miles of ivy, and all four of us, incl. difficult child and easy child, have worked our tails off. I'm to the point where I don't care if anyone shows up. We've got a margarita machine, tons of food, and a clean house. WHEW!!!!

mstang, I'll check out your place on Tues., after I sleep until noon to recover from our picnic.
Now that easy child has her license, I may be able to do that ... heh heh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Star -- you can have the telegram, I'M keeping the DELIVERY BOY! :)youarehot: ) OMG... did I say that out LOUD? Good thing husband is asleep (hee-hee!)

LOVE the margarita ball! Where can I get one, Mstang?

Terry, do you need directions to my place? It's the one that looks like yours did before you started working your tail off -- I have high expectations for similar results!

SO... husband and the kiddos came home with a surprise this morning, and it WASN'T a FISH!

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm272/gcvmom_photos/Herbert.jpg