Passed cardiology!

Andy

Well, we figured he would! difficult child saw the cardiologist today for a "just to cover all our bases" exams. Nothing wrong in that area so we are done with testings and examinings and are satisfied with the diagnosis that have been given up to this point.

difficult child has come so far from two years ago when he fell into a deep deep anxiety state including self harm thoughts that a few could lead to death if followed through with and would not leave my side and was hospitalized to today where he willingly went into a gas station alone on our way to a doctor appointment while I stayed outside the door in the van. It was a gas station he has never been in before so did not know where the bathrooms were, his destination. He is asking to ride the bus home and has no problems wandering around a store without me while we are shopping.

That nightmare seems so far behind us. difficult child has worked so hard to overcome this. I am super proud of him. He would not be at this point today if he did not do the work and use the tools the psychiatric hospital, psychiatrist, and therapist have given him. It certainly falls into the "You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink" theory. I am so thankful that he decided to "drink".

Our struggles now are to increase fruits/veggies and liquids and salt. All so doable but still a challenge since "you can lead a horse to water......"

Thank you all for helping me through this. I have learned (and continue to learn as I visit this board) so much. Your insights and ideas are so helpful. The knowledge and wisdom of many!!! :)