Past the shock....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all....husband & I did have a very loving AND complex marriage. For the most part he was a functional alcoholic. He worked until the day he went into the hospital ~ still supporting his family while refusing to be an active part of his family. I never understood this ~ possibly never will. The man was mensa smart with no common sense.

Our 2 long weekends spent in northern WI in beautiful cabins were some of the most tender/loving times in our marriage. I will always have the memories of those times.

Most likely, kt's upcoming stint in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is for me more than for her. She definitely needs stabalization; as psychiatrist said, I need time alone to grieve with-o the constant tweedle chaos. It's a "win/win" if I think about it.

My niece is coming up this weekend to check in with me & discuss the situation; my expectations ~ her expectations. AND most important according to K, a visit with her favorite aunt. I loved being called the favorite ~ flaunt it about to my sisters & SILs. ;)

The sooner a bed is found for kt the freer I will feel to grieve safely with-o the constant tweedle demands. I can concentrate on building my physical strength/endurance with in home help & my emotional needs thru counseling. I do take a larger than normal dose of Cymbalta. Can't say it's helping at this time. I'm not sure anything would help at this time.

I need to meet with the neuropsychologist that did my evaluation sometime next week ~ just to have a clue on where I stand cognitively.

I'm stuck here with my biggest support system 325 miles away because of the bottomed out housing market & more importantly, the lack of services in the state which my family lives. There is nothing, nothing there. I need to stay here at least until the tweedles hit 19 or graduate high school.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
<<<Linda>>> I am so sorry, I have not been on in so long, your post brought me to tears. Know I am praying, I can't even imagine what you're going through. I hope it's ok if I post this link here, my church runs one of these groups and it's been very helpful to alot of people who've lost someone. Maybe there's one in your area.

http://griefshare.org/

Loving thoughts coming your way, ianav

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I'm glad you will have some time alone to do the grieving that needs to happen. I so wish Wisconsin offered better services so you could move closer to your family (and, of course, I'd be closer too and get to see you more often). Continued hugs and prayers.