pay per view question

klmno

I've never used this option with my cable coompany but would like to tonight to watch a football game. Do you have to have any special equipment and already have something lined up with a cable company? I only have the typical cable box- no HD or anything else special.

donna723

I don't know about cable but if it's the same as satellite TV, you can't get just one individual game on PPV like you can with movies. I've got Directv and they have different packages you can buy to get a whole season of baseball, football, basketball, etc. I always used to subscribe to the baseball package every year but it got quite expensive and I really didn't have time to watch it like I used to. When you subscribe, you have access to a whole set of additional channels with the games on them. You can watch almost every game for the whole season except for a few that always seem to be blacked out. If your cable service has a website, you can check there and it should tell you what is available in your area.

klmno

I called them and ended up on terminal hold so hung up. But from what I gathered from the endless message before I reached the person who put me on hold, if I go to the channel it's supposed to be shown on but is blacked out, there will be anoption for me to purchase it. We'll see. I have looked already but it appears that I need to wait until it's a little closer to game time. I guess there's always gametracker. LOL!

klmno

OK - great!! I'm starting to cook sausage balls so I'm back and forth from the kitchen to the computer.

klmno

Ok- I got it!! Pricey for one dern ball game but I'll only do this once!

Now let's just hope I don't jinx the team this time- usually when I watch they lose, but when I don't, they win.

DDD

LOL, I hope it's Notre Dame that loses! I have a Catholic background but I can't stand that team. DDD

klmno

That's not the game I'm watching but why don't you like Notre Dame?

"My" game was delayed due to a lightening storm but finally has started and "my" team has started with a roar. They aren't known for doing well in the beginning and then keeping that stamina throughout the game- they are known more for coming back after trailing the majority of the game; but then they have changed coaches a lot the past few years and have mostly inexperienced players right now, so who knows. But, you know, it gets in your blood and you just keep rooting for them!