pcs' therapist gave easy child a diagnosis

Jena

so my easy child looks to be a difficult child? oh man. therapist called me in today after she met with-easy child and said to me first you look horrible. lol i said yea i've heard. she said do you sleep so i explained my dilmena.

anyway she said i did the dsmv criterias for both Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and adhd on easy child. she meets both almost 100%. i said what??

she said easy child complains her minds' always racing, she is distracted easily etc. all the signs of adhd along with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) yet remove the rituals.

i said how much more testing? she said just a little more yet maybe a neurospych for her would be good. I said we simply can't afford that now she has no insurance. last kid cost 5k for one.

she said well i'll wrap up the testing end next week than we'll try to figure out what we're going to do about all this with her.

i am speechless. she said teacher's didnt' catch it? i said nope nor did I! she said she doesnt' present typically for a kid with adhd i said yea my stepson is that and i work with him in certain ways that work. she said she's really talking alot now. i said tha'Tourette's Syndrome great she hasnt' the last 5 years we've tried therapy i guess it was time. hard to figure out a kid has somethign when they never talk

susiestar

Roll With It
i am glad easy child opened up enough to the therapist to let all her problems show. That is HUGE!! Don't beat yourself up for not seeing this. You are NOT psychic. You are also in a super stressful situation and have been for YEARS because difficult child's problems. Girls seem to be very good at hiding problems and I imagine that easy child had a number of reasons why she hid much of this. Not wanting to worry you, thinking that difficult child's problems were so big she didn't want to distract you with what seemed like "little" or "lesser" problems of hers, not watning anyone to know and think she was different or weird, etc...

Girls also do not typically present adhd the way boys do, so it is easier to miss.

Just be glad you know now and start working toward a solution. She is likely to need medications. I am not surprised at the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) given the strength of yours and difficult children Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). NOT saying you should have known or seen it or anything like that. Just saying it isn't totally surprising to find out about this.

I don't know if you want to consider stimulants or if strattera might be a better choice for her adhd. I have been pleasantly shocked at how well strattera has worked for the people I know with adhd. Given the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and the stress of life in your home, combining strattera with an ssri might be something to consider. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) requires higher levels of ssri medications to reach a therapeutic level than depression and/or anxiety do. Wiz has adhd and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and aspergers. Until he was on strattera and luvox (at a high enough dosage of the luvox) he saw little change in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Luvox alone at a higher level than the one used with strattera was not very effective. It actually took adding a third a/d - a tricyclic antidepressant - to get him to sleep at night on a regular basis. So it is possible that strattera and an SSRI might be a good combo.

just because it worked for Wiz doesn't mean it will work for her, but I watned to toss that out there.

I hope easy child can accept the help now that she knows there is a name for her problems.

Jena

we haven't wrapped up all the testing yet. i hope she doesnt' find anything else. it'll complete next week, than we'll talk solutions for it. we havent' totally presented it to easy child as of yet. yet she said to easy child you ever get tested for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) or adhd? than i said to easy child i didnt' know your mind raced etc. i'm always here you can come to me. she got mad and stormed out.

now i gotta ask a question, how is my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) apparent in my writings on the board? i only find it a problem in my relationship with-husband. i cling to what he does cant release tend to obsess. yet with kids i can release quick. quick being a day lol. i'm just curious because you referred to the strength of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)...... hmmmm :)

im def not putting her on two medications. her pyschdoc also bites he said depression. he did zero she wont' be returning to him. right now peds is overseeing the zoloft. yet over next few weeks i'm use we'll have talks about it, what to do etc. she's alot older now so brunt of it will fall on her and her self maintenance of her.