Peak stress and mean girl.....friends..

Star*

call 911........call 911
So there is not a single, solitary girl here that I know of who can't say she's never said "I'm stressed out, I'm suffering from a bit of stress, or hasn't used the word stressed to describe her emotional state at some point or another in her life. Especially one with a difficult child or a husband or a boyfriend. If you haven't? Then I want some of whatever you are taking, or eating, or drinking. At some time or another the word stress has crossed your lips in reference to yourself - I would almost guarantee it.

Also at one point some of us have also seen that internet joke with the two cows jumping in an ocean of azure blue tides. The caption reads "Isn't this a pretty dolphin." And of course the picture flashes and a dolphin is seen jumping out of the water, and you stare at it a moment longer and you see two cows jumping over a wave, and it flashes back to a dolphin. Then the words ARE YOU STRESSED? come on the screen (or something similar) but I know it's got water, dolphins, cows and STRESS. lol.

My New Year has been a series of complete chaos. Some of which I have shared, some of which I'm not ready to share, some of which I don't think I'll ever share....How much sadness does one need to blend anyway? And again? It would only come off like Science Fiction and in this family? Well - seriously it would just be a bad game of Texas Hold Em " I'll see your sorrow and raise you 2 holes in the wall, and a no knock warrant."

So in my quest for a job - today I pull into a gas station - And I am slightly stressed I'm tired of looking for a minimum wage job with a Phd, and five degrees. lol Oh wait - I mean that's what you are required now to work AT McDonalds here. Everywhere I look I see "Too blessed to be stressed" but usually when I follow the people with that bumper sticker pasted on their car? They are the ones screaming at the speaker in the gas station and banging the handle on the pump 100 times, slamming the flipper thing up and down and up and down - and I wanted so very badly to go and point to the bumper and say - BLESSINGS BLESSINGS.......but for fear she had a pocket lighter while holding a gas pump - I thought better of it. No need to be lit up like a marshmallow on a fork at the Shiv mart. (no really that's the name -SHIV mart) Honestly who picks these names?

SO I leave there - and pat myself on the back for NOT pasting the bumper sticker I have at home on my bumper SURROUNDED BY ASSES....because it is so true.....but logic does not rule here....and as I'm driving down the road - THERE IT IS....and I'm literally flap jacked. Now I'm not tired - I've been taking stuff for sleeping help. And I'm not really stressed per se - because I'm exercising and eating right...and I laugh. And I put my faith and trust in the almighty. But there - on the side of the road......as I live and breathe........is........is a.........well......is it? Holy crud.

Is a donkey standing on it's two hind feet - smiling and waving AT ME.......(I literally sat there and shook my head) and then? Waved back. Then took my phone out, found camera, and shot it's picture.

I looked at the camera - to see if there WAS in fact - a picture of a smiling, waving donkey in front of a Mexican restaurant - or if I was loosing all cognitive functioning.

Just to be sure - I sent it to Mstang - and said - "Okay you see him too right?.......

and what does Mstang write back?

Nothing - just BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....as in - Nope ------nothing there....YOU ARE NUTS, CHHESE has slid off your cracker sister, Your wheel is turning but your hamster is gone, ........

And I'm past the imaginary waving donkey now holding his right hoof up in the air.......looking dead at me......so I pulled over and texted MY MOTHER....and what does she say??????????

I don't see anything!

OMG - THEY are in league together Mstang and my Mother.......it's a donk-spiracy....

Seriously - I know there was a donkey on that road, smiling, waving-----I turned around, drove back to where I saw it - and (JAW HIT THE STEERING WHEEL)

It was GONE!~

I sat in the Little Caesars parking lot for 20 minutes looking for it to amble back out - trot even....did it? Nooooooo.

I swear to you - THERE WAS A DONKEY THERE. And if I figure out HOW to post a picture from my phone......to here? I'll do it - cause I see a donkey in that picture. I'm not loosing it.
and he was waving just at me. (sniff) I even waved back.

Mstang I know you saw it......too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ummm... Stang sent the picture to me, too, honey and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be looking at...

donna723

I think TM is right! Don't try to analyze it - just take it for what it is! You needed a little encouragement and you got it! And it was just meant for YOU! That's why nobody else could see it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Snort.

Give me a minute and I'll post it. STep....you pretty much have to save the picture so you can zoom in. Otherwise you can't tell what you're looking at.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang, waiting for you to post said photo. I have paint shop pro, maybe I can clean it up enough to help.

Star, seeing how I had the Statue Of Liberty waving at me yesterday when I went to go pay the house payment and water bill.........and no I have no clue what she was doing on the corner of South High Street and Walnut Street.. I just waved and went on my way.

A donkey outside a mexican restaurant is not a stretch. I'm guessing he went in to change shifts or for a lunch/coffee break. But that had to be a sight for sure! LOL Much more exciting than the statue of Liberty.

donna723

Is that Eeyore? I didn't know he was Mexican!

We have a guy from the Subway who dresses up as a sandwich and marches in the Christmas parade every year!

susiestar

Roll With It
Um, is that mexican restaurant run by the people who ran the taco shop by the highway near where I went to college in Austin? If so, well, you were looking at tomorrow's meat waiting to be prepared.

So I am hoping that it is a person dressed like a donkey, or else that it was a pet that someone took home at lunch. Stray donkeys, cows, steers, llama are not that unheard of here. A neighbor's kid didn't close the fence the other day and we had a whole menagerie wandering around the neighborhood. A cow, a pig, five chickens and a donkey - oh and their nasty goat that was eating the neighbor's hose that they forgot to put up. It was kinda fun to watch, lol!

I choose to NOT need verification that it was really there. It was just a message that you were and are doing what you need to do and are coping as well as anyone can.

Love you big bunches Star-lady!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG, he's adorable! LOL

I'd have probably driven off the road trying to see him better, wouldn't have dared tried to take a picture of him. Potential job opportunity perhaps?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I see a donkey...!

does that mean the cheese is off MY cracker?? I wouldn't be surprised after the week I've had...

(And I think, technically, he is a "burro". That's Mexican, I believe...I remember little decorations of burros carrying condiments)

S

Signorina

I see him too. And my cheese better be on my cracker - cause I like cheese. mmmmmmm