People who leave that you care about

BusynMember

I am sorry to say that my husbands sister, who within the last few years has become a sister for real to me is moving to Alaska...along with my awesome brother in law. It wont be that easy to visit them, even once we buy our RV and travel...I know why they are going. Their daughter and her husband live there and they want to be close. I get it. But I am so used to having them around, especially for holidays. Happy for them, sad for me...lol.

Then my closest friend and writing partner is moving to Milwaukee with her wonderful husband in June to be by their daughter. This isnt as sad. I can easily take a train to Milwaukee and they want me to stay in their second bedroom. I will definitely see her. I would take the same train that takes me to Chicago. I can visit both in one shot! We have been friends and writing partners for ten years. But I cant just drop by anymore. Thats tje harder part.

I will miss them all immensely
They are the best people. Good folks...caring, warm, welcoming, easy to talk to.

Luckily I have recently made a few other good friends recently, but one person cafnt replace another.

Just a vent. I use this place almost like a journal at times. And I am really not being rational. In just a year, hubby and Iv: will have our RV and travel for several months in winter. Although we will come back to Wisconsin in the summer (or when Arizona heats up like an oven) we are living in our RV until/unless we get tired of traveling and we are not planning to park out RV it in the town we live in now. So I will also be leaving too. although we will stay near the area...probably stay near Jumper and her fiance. Sonic will be close too. And whenever I want to see Princess and Buddha Baby, we can just drive down in RV and see them. No more trains. We can evrn drive to St. Louis to see Bart snd Jr.

I guess i have to let go of the old and embrace the new. The next adventure. Life is an adventure that I feel we are here to learn from for the evolution of our eternal soul (I believe this...it is comforting to me). People come and go. But if you have a bond, you never totally lose touch. I will love all of these people forever.

There! Having said that truth, I feel much better!! If anyone read this thank you and do share thoughts if you feel like it :)

Last edited:

Nomad

Staff member
It definitely will be a loss, which always involves some grief and a period of adjustment. I'm glad you can visit that one good friend. This will be a great thing to look forward to.

I have something similar happening, but it's me who is moving away.

wisernow

wisernow
I guess that's what makes life so bitter sweet at times. Change, comfort, crisis, loss, friendship, love, ...these threads all weave us into our unique tapestries....and makes us human. Sometimes the road is light, sometimes heavy. There are many ways to keep in touch with the old friends and make new ones too. You will see who is important to you and who is no longer a relevant part of your life. But most importantly you will have a road trip adventure with the love of your life! hugs

february

I am sorry to say that my husbands sister, who within the last few years has become a sister for real to me is moving to Alaska...along with my awesome brother in law. It wont be that easy to visit them, even once we buy our RV and travel...I know why they are going. Their daughter and her husband live there and they want to be close. I get it. But I am so used to having them around, especially for holidays. Happy for them, sad for me...lol.

Then my closest friend and writing partner is moving to Milwaukee with her wonderful husband in June to be by their daughter. This isnt as sad. I can easily take a train to Milwaukee and they want me to stay in their second bedroom. I will definitely see her. I would take the same train that takes me to Chicago. I can visit both in one shot! We have been friends and writing partners for ten years. But I cant just drop by anymore. Thats tje harder part.

I will miss them all immensely
They are the best people. Good folks...caring, warm, welcoming, easy to talk to.

Luckily I have recently made a few other good friends recently, but one person cafnt replace another.

Just a vent. I use this place almost like a journal at times. And I am really not being rational. In just a year, hubby and Iv: will have our RV and travel for several months in winter. Although we will come back to Wisconsin in the summer (or when Arizona heats up like an oven) we are living in our RV until/unless we get tired of traveling and we are not planning to park out RV it in the town we live in now. So I will also be leaving too. although we will stay near the area...probably stay near Jumper and her fiance. Sonic will be close too. And whenever I want to see Princess and Buddha Baby, we can just drive down in RV and see them. No more trains. We can evrn drive to St. Louis to see Bart snd Jr.

I guess i have to let go of the old and embrace the new. The next adventure. Life is an adventure that I feel we are here to learn from for the evolution of our eternal soul (I believe this...it is comforting to me). People come and go. But if you have a bond, you never totally lose touch. I will love all of these people forever.

There! Having said that truth, I feel much better!! If anyone read this thank you and do share thoughts if you feel like it :)
Yes, no matter where they move too. Always in our hearts!