Perv update

L

Liahona

Just some thoughts. Buy the computer from her and offer to take the kids for some thing fun "to get their minds off it" ! Its very likely he will be back in the house before to long and then all the evidence on that computer will be gone. She probably doesn't want her kids around anyone who will ask them questions. Or offer to get rid of the computer for her so she doesn't have to deal with it at this painful time. Yuck yuck and ugh

Shadow89

Thats a very good idea, I love it! To bad shes mad at me I would do it, maybe Travis can offer to buy it though... Would make sense he loves computers, and what not. Just have him or mom ask what she wants for it.

keista

Re bathtub pics: They were cute in the old days, and still cute today, but should NOT be posted on the internet. JMHO

FWIW my Dad's entryway is lined with "tub pics" My favorite is one of my sister being kissed by a boy, they are each both half covered by a towel after a skinny dip in the pool. Approximate age 3-4. Normal ppl see the pure innocence of the picture. Pervs on the other hand............

by the way it's also in black and white which I think adds to the innocence.

buddy

Re bathtub pics: They were cute in the old days, and still cute today, but should NOT be posted on the internet. JMHO

FWIW my Dad's entryway is lined with "tub pics" My favorite is one of my sister being kissed by a boy, they are each both half covered by a towel after a skinny dip in the pool. Approximate age 3-4. Normal ppl see the pure innocence of the picture. Pervs on the other hand............

by the way it's also in black and white which I think adds to the innocence.
Keista, I fully agree. we have these kinds too. I would have posted pics like this before (like many years ago) but now wtih facebook etc. it is a terrible idea. i dont even tag any kids in my photos. Just send the links to adults

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
katie did message me that M has supposedly moved to the homeless shelter. She says she's selling the computer and getting rid of the internet. It reminds her of what he's done and she doesn't want it in the apartment. M is supposed to be going to counseling, and the shelter put this into his care plan thing. (yeah right, he was supposedly already doing that) Her neighbor and friend she says let her and the kids spend the night because M wouldn't leave. Tomorrow she says she's going to get him removed from the lease.

Now as much as I'd like to believe he's out, I don't. And I doubt she's getting rid of the internet or the computer.....unless it's to dump incriminating evidence. Because if you remove the problem.....and we all know for sure he's the problem (she's a maybe in this dept), then what is the point of getting rid of the computer? And this is the only way she communicates with us, god forbid she pick up a phone. But she says she'll do it on the office computer.

She's said she doesn't think she or the kids will attend the halloween party because they're too "upset". First thing that came to all our minds was that he is still there and she's scared the kids will let the cat out of the bag.

Nothing about contacting anyone to see what she should do about it. Not a peep. That speaks volumes. (at least to me)

I told her I hope she decides to attend the party as it would lift their spirits and make them all feel better to have family around them. I didn't push the issue. I didn't do any Oh, I'm so sorry blah blah and I know you hurt blah blah.......nope. I'm not and I'm not gonna pretend to be.

She has no clue I made my report this morning as far as I know. We intend to keep it that way.

Like I said, I'm not buying her story. It's just too easy. I find it impossible to believe that M just gave up his cushy lil spot there without a fight or digging in his heels.

Personally I think she's attempting to cover her fanny and smooth things over with me by making me *think* she's doing what she should be doing.......and either thinking I'm so stupid I'm going to buy it after her repeated refusal to do anything in the past 3 yrs, or until they can split town. I think she believes by doing this I won't take steps to protect the kids because I'll be thinking she has. Know what I mean??

I'm not going to push her to go to the party. However easy child said if she doesn't, then she's going to get a blasting from easy child to rival what nichole and I have given her. Ok, then. (lol) I am going to attempt to stay out of the drama of this mess as much as possible. I'm not emotionally or even mentally up to it right now. Honestly if it had been any other officer than the one who spoke with me the day husband died.....I probably wouldn't have done well in the interview at all.

Frankly it's been one thing after another thing for the past couple of years and I am just spent. I do want the grandkids in a safe environment where they're well cared for, but I don't want custody, honestly a therapeutic foster home would be in order just to fix some of the warped family dynamics going on if nothing else.

And I'm so wiped I forgot to go get me the ingredients for that tall stiff drink on my way home tonight. :sigh::imok:

donna723

Lisa, I think you've got it exactly right! She just wants you to think that she has it all under control and that she's handling the situation so that you will think it's all OK now and you won't take any action. I doubt too if M just walked meekly off to the shelter. And if he really did, he probably would have taken "his" computer with him! It will be a darned shame if those kids don't get to go to the Halloween party because if their mother's game playing, especially Kayla after she spent all that time with you decorating for the party! It's just one disappointment after another for those poor kids, isn't it!

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Lisa, you did very well. Katie is trying to make you think she has done what you want her to do - even though she has NO intention of doing so. Kicking M out would mean that she had to at least keep the kids from killing each other and throw food at them every now and then. M would NOT leave with-o that computer even if it supposedly was for Alex to help him overcome his disabilities.

in my opinion you need to talk to the school NOW. because it iwll take ONE interview with cps and they will be gone. I don't want to watch your heart break that way again. Kayla is old enough to memorize your addy and phone number and to call you if her parents should take off. Given how she has been all over them for not providing what her cousins have, she might very well blab if they ran because she knows that if they leave where the family is then she will have almost NO chance to make it out of that lifestyle. She is a smart cookie. If she thought that opening up might get her and her bros protected, she just might esp if they try to run.

You have done what you can for now. Let go and let God - and do what YOU need to do for you right now.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I was hoping to meet Kayla, Alex & Evan... Katie, not so much, but... I can hope she changes her mind. It would be good for the kids.

FWIW... I think you're right on her excuse. I doubt she's doing a darned thing about him. I also doubt she will sell the computer... And definitely not to any of y'all! She will "sell" it to someone else. Uh huh.

Ugh.

busywend

She did not want to go to the party anyway, so in my humble opinion, this was just a reason to make that official.

I really hope she has kicked him out. I mean - nobody is worth putting your children at risk - especially this dolt!