Pet peeves

tiredmommy

People that think rules don't apply to them.

Participation awards (like trophies or ribbons, certificates seem okay). I'd rather see no one get an award than everyone.

People that tell me my opinion... not happening.

Poor planners that expect me to drop everything fix their mess-ups.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
People who assert their opinions as if they are the truth.

Those with a sense of entitlement.

Bad or nonexistent manners & lack of courtesy to others.

People who don't know how to listen and can't stop talking.

Know-it-alls (refer to first peeve)

Arrogance and conceit.

And, the cosmetic companies who produce products (mascara, moisturizers, blush, etc) which have one of those short wands where you can't reach the rest of the product so half of the product goes to waste; or the makeup has a false bottom so there is only half the amount in the container. A rip off of the consumer.

Banks and all the greedy tactics they employ.

Drivers who jam in front of you, cut you off, slow down and there were no other cars behind you.

Jody

People who say Don't you think so? Don't you agree? My daughter does this and it drives me wild. She asks a question and already knows the answer. Why oh why? I have gotten to the point I don't even respond to questions that I know she already knows the answer.

SuZir

You have all made excellent points and I so agree with many.

But do you know what gets to me the most? When I find all those irritating behaviours and traits in myself. That really hoovers bad.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooooooo I'm taking back a battery (A frimpin 90 lb heavy duty van battery) last night.......at my FAV OH RIGHT store last night WAL mart......

And I was SURE (my def) that's DEAF fiance mis heard the auto guy when the auto guy said - I won't make your crippledazz I mean poor arthritic self come back with the core-battery again - so I won't charge you now......ahem (cough cough) but "SNATCHY MAN" ------thas short for IRRITABLE NON HEARING addled brained male person took the receipt and stuffed it into his wallet ------faster than a cheeta on a dead antelope in the dry season........and sends WHO BACK with the receipt????? and the BATTERY? YUH!

SO there I am - I go get a cart.......I go dig the nasty battery out of the back of the van, I LIFFFFFFFFFT it into the buggy......."""""""WHAM"""""""" and I PPPUUUUUUUUUSH it uphill (OMG) who makes a walmart parking lot with an uphill grade? DIMWIT ENGINEER? YYUUUUUUUUUUUUP. and I get to the GREATER........((((((((and mind you I'm not one to poke fun at intelligence))))))) but when there is ZERO --------HERES YOUR SIGN.....(STUCK ON STUPIT)

and I quote ------YOU have to take that to customer service." says the intelligent woman looking at what is OBVIOULSY a 4 year old, USED up TORN up battery - no where NEAR -------I MEAN NO WHERE NEAR.....a returnable item.....and points to CUSTOMER SERVICE. I state again - I NEED TO GO TO AUTOMOTIVE. She said NO CUSTOMER SERVICE (God love her - shes still smiling) and SO I TROD off to the line from Hades.

Well - As luck would have it - There were two people at the desk and WHY in the bluehell they call it SERVICE I have NO clue -------but in front of me is a "MOTHER" and I use that term loosely - and her friend. Tattoo Mary. In a Walmart outfit. You know what I mean. Illustrated for the faint of heart.......Her body is in it's late forties, early fifties, tattooed from head to toe......and she was in the three hundred plus pound range but her clothes were in the Hanna Montanna range. Her shorts were so short I was embarassed for her and her shirt was a white lacy peek a boo number that left nothing to the imaginaton. And she was buying a collapisable dog cage - or rather returing one that you could tell that a dog had OBVIOULSY clawed it's way out of -------it was very sad. Her friend had two children one was a little girl who was entertaining herslef loudly with flip flops screaming at the top of her lungs - going "I"M A PONY I"M A PONY IM A PONY" and the little boy needed a diaper change ------and screamed every time it's mother tried to sit it in it's own mess in the cart......(go figure) so she would allow him to run around bare footed in and out of the people in line yelling while she exasperated her air rolling her eyes as if she couldn't do anything with him. (changing his diaper would have been a start) And moving up so the entire customer service area wasn't her kids play ground was also a thought - but no - they stayed at the beginning of the entrance - to allow the kids a play place - and the line went out the entrance - and down the aisle - and people were frustrated......but hey ------not my pet peave - watching old clippity clop and listening to her rant and smellign old diaper bloomers was enough for me while I watched old Hanna Taaattoo tell lie after lie about how that $60 dog crate just fell apart when her dog sat in it --------(FOR REAL? )

So as the people stood behind me moaning and whining.......(REALLY ? SHUT UP) the Mother said to me........ISN"T SHE JUST ADORABLE??????? (about The daughter?) I said flatly......."NO NOT REALLY"......and old Tattoo turned to me and said like a wanna be biker chick ""SSSSSSSSCUSE ME??????" and I said to HER"THERE REALLY ISN"T ONE THAT I CAN SEE.......ILL BEHAVED CHILDREn ARE RARELY ADORABLE, AND IF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER." .........and with that......? The lady behind me snickerd, I exhaled, the "MOTHER" finally called her HORSE for the first time and told "GET OVER HERE" and I said "OH that's Novel - we've been baby sitting your kids for twenty minutes and all of a sudden you decide to use your parenting skills? WHY DON"T YOU TRY CHANGING HIS DIAPER FOR AN ENCORE?" and the lady third in line said "GAWD I'll sencond that he smells awful - how can you let your kids walk around that long smelling like that?"

and with that the "CUSTMER service called NEXT IN LINE.........The fifty something cheecker peeker tattoo lady in bad need of a brazillian and a spanx and the the NOT mom" left with their FREE dog crate, miniature pony and smelly baby, and I stepped up to find that the deaf man in my life stuck me with the arduous task of pushing a 90 lb battery up hill in the rain only to find out that I was once again correct -------there was no core charge originally--------and had I only looked at the receipt? I could have saved my time, by breath and my wisdom. So many pet peeves wasted on the undeserving.......and so many bloody phone towerers in North Carolina that I would love to just have removed.......if only I had access to a metal chain saw, or an Iron Giant and no fear of federal prisons. and the area code is 803 I can't help it it bounces off of BFE towers.......and looks like 6 something........but twas I.

And that was only 20 minutes of my life - as it pertains to pet peeves......and not all of it I'm so sure......because she "not mom" was flipping her hair and twisting it around her fingers.....and fidgeting, and rocking her cart and picking her shorts, and telling everyone how she couldn't control a flip flop smacking 2 year old. If that horse had thrown a shoe............but then again.......assault with a flip flop is still assault...

Star*

call 911........call 911
And did I mention that I got a "Banger" cart? whobbada Whobbaaaada........yeah.......tried four carts before I gotta good one - forgotta about that - lift that battery out and in and push........and that stupit tile floor is a faker ------makes you think THINK you got a good cart.......but noooooooooo you got a banger..........

THEN>........I wiped off for germs.........then handle.......and the butt seeat thing......FOUR......F.O.U.R times.......because some dirty diaper butt was on that seat ---------sure of it.........four times and when I found a good cart..........they ran out of wipes.........so I had to wait for her to go get a box of the wiipes...........ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........and did Imention that MOSES.............walks like she has GOUT? And she was like 20? I'm going to start going there with my own. wipes//

Yeah - PEEVES???????? SERIOUSLY?????????

Mattsmom277

Being the only member of the household who notices a howling cat, beside a empty food/water dish, that recognizes the only possible solution being fill the dishes.

Nobody mentioning having used the last of the toothpaste/shampoo/soap/shave cream/milk/laundry soap/dish soap. Then giving me attitude when it isn't resupplied after I shop because, well, I didn't know. Or worse, discovering it right when I myself need it most and would have resupplied had I been told.

Empty boxes left in the food pantry, leaving impression we are well stocked on certain things.

susiestar

Roll With It
Children who adamantly proclaim that the other parent asked them to find out what version of B item you want for xmas, or planned to buy Y item that they have no business buying because they will spend 10X what is needed and 4X what we can afford only to get a vastly inferior product that won't hold up, or that the other parent is so angry about Q that they are spewing lava over the issue when in reality (that place that drama loving teen girls can't seem to find or comprehend) the other parent never thought of B item for anything much less for a holiday 4-6 mos away or Y item that they have not ever bought and would not ever buy because tthey know that they have no business buying it and they have no clue that Q is even an issue much less one that they are upset about.

beyond pet peeve level is same child saying that my spouse is so upset that he is thinking about divorcing me over some issue and said teen child wants me to know because they know I don't want a divorce. ESPECIALLY when divorce has NEVER been something we bring up in arguments and we (husband and I) have a firm, hard, fast, never broken rule of marriage that divorce is NOT something we will EVER threaten or bring up unless 200% ready to actually have one because it is not in our value system and we know how much that hurts the people involved and the relationship. My daughter tried this TWICE in a month and almost did not survive the second time because No. F'ing. Way. Will. My. Child. EVER. Drive. That Wedge. Between. Our. Marriage.

Things that just magically disappear from the house. Things that are specifically stated to be one person's ONLY and the child who takes them first denies/lies about not knowing about/doing it and then lies about how the owner gave permission and just doesn't remember it.

One of my children being assaulted by the other in the name of "getting rid of infection" aka popping zits when the child with the acne firmly says "don't do that" or "don't touch me" or "don't touch that".

Workmen who insist on checks instead of giving a receipt for cash and then don't turn the check into the office so we get fees for not paying/late payment and then they send the check in after we have paid the amt and the fee to stop the check but the check goes through over a weekend before the stop payment is on the check and the whole mess ends up costing us over $200 in fees to the company and the bank!

Stomach bugs that just won't go away and stay away.

buddy

Putting gas in my car and when I get to the other side of the city the pumps are twenty cents per gallon cheaper. Really?

Mattsmom277

Because its the kind of week I'm having and my mama heart just hurts for my easy child: fathers who surrender rights to their child a walk out after 13 years, of their own accord, then blame the mother and the child as though it was sought after when neither mother nor child ever wanted that outcome.

Having to sit and be level headed and not lose my mind across a conference table as said pathetic human shrugs our beautiful child off without a backward glance and I can't just slap him silly. Having to come home and show a child the papers that symbolize their parental abandonment.

In all fairness this probably is beyond a pet peeve category. It just seemed smarter to vent it here as a peeve instead of starting a rant thread that would reduce me to tears again. I'm cried out this week and trying to move on to self soothing. Mostly via movie bonding with easy child and a massive bag of candy corn from the bulk food store. Worst kind of trash food but I'll take comfort where I can. Otherwise I'd require copious amounts of whiskey. And perhaps a target shooting range to develop a steady hand and good aim.

buddy

Mattsmom.....you've earned a rant or fifty. by the way .....that is horrible but you are amazing and I truly believe your precious one is destined for something really special.

susiestar

Roll With It
People who expect medications to fix a problem with-o doing the things that make the medications actually work other than swallowing them now and then. And then want me to give them sympathy and get snotty with me when I point out that they just took $20 worth of medications but won't do a free something to let the medications work. And then get super angry when the next time they complain of the same thing the result is that I won't give them the medications. Why bother to take the medications if you just want to whine and not do anything else? Esp when I am paying for said medications!