Philly Cooking Creme - YUM!

susiestar

Roll With It
Not sure if any of you have noticed this, but the co that makes Philadelphia Cream Cheese has a new product out. It is called Philadelphia Cooking Creme and comes in 4 flavors. There was a coupon for a dollar off in the paper last Sunday.

I am teaching Jess the joys of couponing and we got some to try at the store yesterday. Not a great deal like the extreme couponing stuff, but a buck off made it cheap enough to try. We got the Italian flavor.

The add in the coupons said to cook a pound of boneless chicken then add frozen veggies and the cooking creme. Stir until all is hot and creamy and serve over hot pasta or rice.

So this was thank you's cooking project today. He has asked us to teach him to cook this summer so this seemed like an easy-ish thing for him. He asked me no less than 15 questions as he cooked, lol. The penne rigate that he was to cook esp baffled him. How much water to boil, how many cups of water to start with, how long to cook, how to know if it was done, etc...

He did a great job and it was awesome. It is NOT overpowering but coats the pasta and veggies (he used corn and broccoli) and has a good, creamy flavor. It is not as heavy as alfredo but is reminiscent of that.

Anyway, if you were wondering about it, we loved it.

M

ML

Thanks for the tip. Seems like we're back to the boring basics here lately and I need to spice things up a bit.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
oooOOOOOOOoooooohhhhh!!! Goody!!

I got those coupons. Think I'll run out and try some. Wasn't sure what to do with it though, bet they have more recipes online too.

I've been waiting to hear an opinion on it.

Thanks!

DDD

Glad you posted. I just made my list and pulled my coupons yesterday for the weekly shopping. Yep I have included the coupon in hopes it was good. Yeah! Now I'll "know" that it is worthwhile. DDD